Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mold Help ? Water leak follow up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 May 2020, 07:45 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Mold Help ? Water leak follow up

I previously posted about a water leak in my 07 PT. Water was leaking into the front passenger foot area, after having the AC drain and other common problems checked it turned out to be a issue in the fender area causing water to accumulate. Still have no idea what the actual issue was but the autobody shop added a styrofoam like substance between the front fender and the car which has stopped the water leaking in from rain.

Living in Miami, unfortunately the water accumulation has led to mold on the steering wheel, turn signal switches, mirror, seats and seatbelt, door panels, and handbrake. It's not a ton of mold but its clearly visible.

I started by leaving the car in the sun with doors open to to dry it out. A whole bunch of the mold dispersed on its own at this point. I than diluted vinegar and sprayed it all over the car. I than hired a detailer who came and steam washed the carpets, shampooed the seats and used more vinegar to wipe down the panels. I than used a interior cleaner to re-wipe down everything. At this point the car looked brand new.

The car looks great but in a couple spots, i see slight mold growth occurring again. I'm not sure if they were missed spots or new growths. After some early issues with the PT, i finally had it to where it was driving and looking perfect and with only 66k miles i'd like to fix up this mold issue and get back to driving it.

Has anyone dealt with mold in the PT, what did you do to get rid of it? Any suggestions for me would be very appreciated.