Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
correct speaker wire harness for front speakers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jul 2004, 01:18 am
Young Cruiser

Default correct speaker wire harness for front speakers

This weekend installed new speakers in the rear of my 2004 GT Pt. Used some speaker wire harnesses I bought from crutchfield. The rear pillar speakers plugged in perfectly. When I took off my front door panels, and went to plug in the harness to the front speakers, they didn't fit! Seems there is an entirely different plug on the front speakers. Any one know offhand what this harness might be? below are three pix... one is the plug from the door, the second is the harness that does not fit from crutchfield, and the third id the back of the PT original speaker. Any thoughts welsome! (PS contacted crutchfield... perhaps just clipping the wires is the way to go?)

plug from door

adapter crutchfield sent

back of original pt cruiser speaker

Old 29 Jul 2004, 12:25 am
Young Cruiser

Crutchfield came through and sent me the right harness via UPS second day air! Way to go Crutchfield!
Old 29 Jul 2004, 09:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to jmack

COOL! I was just goin to say. Best Buy sold me the wrong adapter, so I just wired the stupid things myself! What kind of speakers did you get?
Old 12 Aug 2004, 03:05 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I had the same problem a couple of months ago with Crutchfield, they had no clue about the problem but put it in their database. I guess you benefited from my experience! Also, some of the speakers they say would fit in my PT wouldn't.
2004 Black GT, 5-Speed GT. Stage 1, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/Booger Bushings, 10mm Magencor Wires, Screamin\' Demon Coil, Chrome Accent Group, Chrome Door Handle Scuffs, Fire Engine Red Brake Calipers, Blane Hood Lift Kit, Chrome Engine Caps, 8-Ball Shift Knob, 8-Ball Valve Stem Caps, 8-Ball Door Lock Pulls, Fuzzy 8-Balls on Rear View Mirror, Joe Boxer 8-Ball Floor Mats, Beltronics RX65 Radar Detector, Airaid Cold Air Intake, AMX1397 Turbo \"Up Pipe\", Mopar Blow Off Valve, Chrome Shorty Antenna, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges.

Edward Cafarella
Long Island, New York

Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 12 Aug 2004, 04:01 pm
Young Cruiser

Would have been nice if I benefited by them sending the right ones the first time!
The speakers I got are Kicker DX57 and Kicker DX60 which I got off eBay. Bought the harnesses from Crutchfield. But now I getting a new head unit, and since I had a good experience with them, went with Crutchfield for that. The head unit prices on eBay are REALLY tempting, particularly since you can "trade up" a model or even two for the same price. But, I wanted the warranty for the head unit, so decided Crutchfield was the best choice - plus this is my first time installing a head unit and might need some hand holding. Well, not my first time, which was when I installed my, um, 8-track deck in high school... so it's been a long time. I was torn between the Alpine CDA-9830 and the Clarion ProAudio DXZ645MP it was close but went with the Clarion... 2 year warranty vs. 1, and heard the display on the Alpine was hard to read during the day, the controls were overly complex, and a few other things were mentioned in some of the car audio forums ("...you really want to go with the HIGH end Alpines") that made me go with the Clarion. I also thought the look of the Clarion suited the Cruiser better. I have not had a chance to install yet, so hopefully I made the best decision!