PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I saw a very interesting PT yesterday, please read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jul 2004, 10:15 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default I saw a very interesting PT yesterday, please read

Hello,
I saw a very interesting PT yesterday at the grand opening of the HomeDepot. Never saw anything like it, in modifications or in the pictures I've seen posted here.
I've tried to view the JCWHitney catalogue on line to get the car part names right...[:I]
The color was a beautiful deep burnished brown, metallic paint
The hood was a 'ram air' design
Bug out headlights
Had chrome hubcaps and (*a cover over that plastic piece underneath the bumper that was discussed here as a 'necessity' for engine cooling - couldn't find it in the web catalogue..[:I])
Trunk had everything removed, only thing remaining was the key hole. Trunk had no indentations to 'lift' the trunk open --it was smooth. It had flames on the trunk, going horizontally in a lighter brown/beige. (it looked like paint, not an add on decal)
I did not get close enough to see the interior.
Had a sunroof. Also had temporary tags, so it was a newly purchased car. I'm new to all of this, so don't understand yet how to figure out the year of the car, although, with all of the modifications, it might be hard to tell.
I had my sons with me and I only had the nerve to drive by slowly to take mental notes to send this today. No, I wouldn't have hung around if I was alone either...
*How do guys/gals feel about someone striking up a conversation about the beautiful modifications on a car? If I see this car again, I'm going to be prepared to slip a note under the windshield wipers and suggest they visit this forum with pictures of their PT.
Really, it was unlike anything I've seen here, and I try to look at all of the pictures that are posted on your posts.
Thank you
Old 30 Jul 2004, 12:19 pm
Cool Cruiser

welcome, sounds like a sweet looking cruiser.[:X]

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 30 Jul 2004, 12:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by frances

Had chrome hubcaps and (*a cover over that plastic piece underneath the bumper that was discussed here as a 'necessity' for engine cooling - couldn't find it in the web catalogue..[:I])

Is this what your talking about? www.cruiserbits.com

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 12:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

Welcome to the forum ! You should never be timid about approaching a PT owner. Most are more than happy to show off and discuss their car, that's one of the great things about the majority of PT owners.
Old 30 Jul 2004, 03:59 pm
Fresh Cruiser

[Originally posted by frances[/i]
Had a cover over that plastic piece underneath the bumper that was discussed here as a 'necessity' for engine cooling -

cruzin wrote; Is this what your talking about? www.cruiserbits.com

HI Cruzin,
Yes, this is exactly what I saw.
Nice.