Advertisements
CHECK ENGINE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Aug 2004, 02:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to BORICUA
Default CHECK ENGINE

Hello all,
WHile driving from Jax to Norfolk yesterday my check engine light came on and is not going out...
Here are the details... I left jax and after about 3 hours of averaging 80 to 85 MPH I made my first stop, stopped at a red light and then when i started again the engine light came on and it was on fro the remaining 400 miles. I was hoping that it would go out today but it still on. Any suggestions or ideas why this happened?
Thanks.
Old 05 Aug 2004, 03:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to jmack

When you made your first stop, was it to stop for gas? If so, maybe you didn't put the cap on tight. If you didn't that will cause the check engine light to come on.
Old 05 Aug 2004, 03:30 pm
Regular Cruiser

Yes I stopped for gas but it came on before i got gas, I stoped at the light as soon as got off the interstate and when I started driving to the gas station thats's when it came on, before I shifted to 2nd. and about the gas cap i always make it click like 6 times.
Thanks

Old 05 Aug 2004, 03:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to jmack

If it has a Check Engine light come on, I would reccomend doing the Test Code function.....search the forums!
Old 05 Aug 2004, 06:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Turn your key of & on about 5-6 timrs, that will throw a engine code. Post it and someone will de-cipher it for you.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 06 Aug 2004, 12:29 am
Veteran Cruiser

At around 70,000 miles the check engine light came on my wife's '01 PT. The catalytic converter went bad and was fixed under waranty. As long as the light is on steady you are ok and can see the dealer at your convienience. If it is blinking, stop and call a tow truck. This is what my dealer told me.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 09 Aug 2004, 06:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hello it's me again my engine light came on today again and I got this code P-0113 wich means... INTAKE AIR TEMP
SENSOR HIGH ... Intake air (charge) temperature sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltage

Anyone have any clue on why and what could be causing this?
Thanks

Old 09 Aug 2004, 09:54 pm
Regular Cruiser

[:I] anything??

Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:04 am
Cool Cruiser

BORICUA, sorry I haven't a clue. But, heat in the intake, you may want to remove and inspect the air cleaner and see what happins. Otherwise, off to the dealer.

Good luck.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 07:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BORICUA

Hello it's me again my engine light came on today again and I got this code P-0113 wich means... INTAKE AIR TEMP
SENSOR HIGH ... Intake air (charge) temperature sensor input above the maximum acceptable voltage

Anyone have any clue on why and what could be causing this?
Thanks
Do you have an aftermarket air intake? Very often you move the sensor from old intake to new intake and it gets damaged in the process. If that's not it, sensor may have gone bad.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles