Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
just checkin in

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2004, 09:05 am
Regular Cruiser

Default just checkin in

..been awhile so I wanted to say hello to all.Been a busy summer and no extra $ to do much w/the cruiser.Have almost 40K on it since jan.and still love it.Good mileage,plenty of room,good looks and not 1 problem.My brother in Fl. is 6'4" and 320#.He was so impressed w/it when I was down there that he got one to replace his windstar minivan.Told him about this site but he is only able to get poker on his computer
Picked up some diamond plate and am attempting a few dodads with the dremel.
Hope all the oldtimers are doing well and[?]to the new ones.
Cook
the big grin can't wait to[8)]cooks brother!
Old 09 Aug 2004, 09:23 am
Senior Cruiser

Nice to hear from you again. Crewzin just got some diamond plate so he might be interested to see what you come up with.
Old 09 Aug 2004, 09:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome back Cook. I'm no good with the dremel, so I just get all my stuff off the internet (ebay) or catalogs. Cook, if your good with that thing...all the little spaces on the floor condole can be filled in.

Old 09 Aug 2004, 11:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Glad things are going well. With 40,000 miles, you should plan on tires and brakes (if you haven't already). Get ceramic pads - worth it for longer life and NO DUST. I'd also recommend planning on getting auto trans fluid changed (ATF +4 or ATF +5 ONLY) to keep you trouble free. Only other item is plugs/wires - again, aftermarket will last longer than stock...
I have about 76,000 on mine, never back to the dealer, only problem was a slight miss that new plug wires (Crane, RaceAndStreet) cured.
Keep on Cruisin'.[?]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Aug 2004, 08:22 am
Regular Cruiser

QS-had it at the mechanic mon.for inspection .He said brakes were fine for now,tires should last till fall.He alredy has some "dustless"ceramics on hand for me.Ended up needing an aligment and rotation.
I will do a search but throw this out for now on tire selection.
I told him the car seems to hydroplane alot w/the goodyears.He agreed that the eagles are over-rated but added that it was a wide tire and a narrower tire and/or differnt tread design would help.This is a daily driver(100-200miles a day)and it aint easy to try out differnt tires so appreciate any comments.
the big grin wants green ones!