Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Horn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Aug 2004, 05:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Horn

I would like to find out if anyone has replaced their horn.
A car switched lanes in front of me and I thought my horn was broken.
I heard a horn on a pt recently that sounded bright and clear like that of a ferrari. Anyone know of anything like this. I don't like those ooogah! horns. But I want something bright and clear and strong. Any suggestions. Catalogs. etc. thanks MarkO[8)][?]
Old 09 Aug 2004, 06:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Mark,

In order to save money, Chrysler deleted a few things as the new model PT's came out. Rear cargo net, vanity cover on the engine, passenger side lock on the door just to name a few. They also deleted one of the two horns that came with the older 2001-2002 PT's and a lot of people complained. You can buy another OEM horn and hook it up to the existing one without too much trouble to increase the sound, or get yourself an aftermarket loud horn and replace what you have.

If you look just a couple threads down form this one, you'll see a thread entitled "ADDING A SECOND HORN" which talks more about it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Aug 2004, 07:16 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Cruizin- thanks for the information. I found the horn I have been looking for on the wolo-mfg.com/airhtm website. This horn is a model 403 air max chrome dual tone air horn. New question- has anyone ever installed one of these. Or has anyone replaced the stock horn in the cruiser. Is it simple or does it require a professional to install.
I went to the website and you can listen to all the horns and their sounds. It's pretty cool. There certainly is a variety to choose from. MarkO[8D]
Old 09 Aug 2004, 07:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Oops excuuuuuuse me. It's crewzin. At least get the name right
Old 09 Aug 2004, 09:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Mark,

Went to your specialty horn site. I don't believe the horn your looking at will fit where the existing horn is, in fact you'll probably have a hard time finding a place under the hood to put the whole kit. It will definitely be a tight fit. If you go for an aftermarket air intake, that will free up some room under the hood where the OEM air boxes were.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 12:19 am
Cool Cruiser

CREWZIN's got it! That horn is fo a semi-truck. If you do a search on horns you'll find some great input on what some have done.[:I]

Welcome, Mark

John [8)]

Old 10 Aug 2004, 07:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

About the only possibility for that to fit would be behind the grille in front of the radiator - maybe.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 10 Aug 2004, 10:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hey, thanks for the link to the horn site. It's got a lot of great looking and sounding horns. I've got an '01 with two horns already, but I'm probably going to replace them with ones that are louder and come in chrome or colors.

The air horns that you show are 118 Decibels and may not fit. They have several electric replacements that are up to 120 Decibels and are even smaller than the originals.

Old 10 Aug 2004, 07:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

I replaced the wimpy stock horn with two horns form a '78 BMW I found in a salvage yard. I have a '77 BMW, so I knew they were loud. There is plenty of room in the right fender compartment, but I did have to splice the horn wires, as my '04 just had the one connector.
Old 10 Aug 2004, 10:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

HI, I have a Touring '03 & checked and wire is there. I want to ad 2nd horn. I noticed the one horn is the low horn.. where can I get the other horn & bolt(I guess high horn?) other than dealer that will just bolt right in.. looks like 10 minute job.... thanks MJB... right now having one horn is weak!