PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Sales

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2004, 12:49 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default PT Sales

Saw this in a Cruiser Quarterly article:
"From its launch as a production vehicle in February 2000 through July 2004, 722,862 Chrysler PT Cruiser vehicles have been sold worldwide."

Curious to see North America's piece of the worldwide sales.

Old 17 Aug 2004, 07:04 pm
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Konkeler

They did pretty good coming up with that car. However, it's starting to loose steam. Be interesting to see what the next Cruiser is like.

Old 17 Aug 2004, 09:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I was just reading about all this in an article in TIME magazine. Like Konkeler said, the Cruiser is loosing steam and they were blaming it on designers not giving it a facelift in 4 years to freshen it up a bit. Chrysler is turning a profit, and a lot has to do with the 300C which is selling real well
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 17 Aug 2004, 10:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

I like the 300C better, and for as much as a (new) Cruiser cost, I'd rather get the 300.

Problem is, when they first came out, everybody went "OH YM GOD OH MY GOD I GOT TO HAVE ONE!!!" and paid the dealers a ton of money for them. Now, since the first explosion of sold Cruiser's are running out of warranty, people are trading them in and selling them for differnt cars. Because of this, many Cruiser's our now out on the market, and there is a good Supply/Demand ratio (unlike when they first came out) which allows people like me, to buy a 34Kmile 01 Limited Edition, for only $10,600. Why spend twice that on a new one, when I can get the same thing slightly used??

The next batch of Cruisers probally won't have the bang this first batch did, but they definetley need to hurry up and do something.

Old 18 Aug 2004, 12:14 am
Cool Cruiser

Konkeler, it finally got some steam in the Turbo HO! That is why I waited. It was nice in the beginning, but no go. Now it has some get up and go and they should sell more. What we need to see is some update on the sales figures by year. Look at the convertable, the new SE is nice looking and could give the PT the push over the sales edge this year. [8)]
Old 18 Aug 2004, 10:05 am
Regular Cruiser

I kind of doubt the Turbo and Convertible models are going to be big hits. Sure, they will sell them, but it's not going to be that big.

I hardly see any Turbo models around here and where I've travelled, and Convertibles are a uncommon sight. Might be differnt where some of you live though.

Old 18 Aug 2004, 01:48 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I'd love to see a breakout:
By year, by model, by engine.
How many 180HP turbos?
Did sales pick up with convertible?
dunno [:I]

Seems clear to me that they'd be fools to abandon the Cruiser - they've sold a lot of them.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 06:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

You guys sound like you only bought the PT because they were selling alot of them...now that sales have leveled off (and other NEW product is available) you don't have the same feelings for the PT. WHY did you buy it to start with, and why have you lost your obsession with it?

I just bought my third...and I still have the first two.
Old 18 Aug 2004, 07:52 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Wally,

If we didn't like/love our cruisers we wouldn't be here. Most of us have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars and man hours making the PT the way we like to have it look. There's nothing wrong with liking another car/truck that has come out since we bought ours. It doesn't mean we've lost interest or like the PT less.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.
Old 19 Aug 2004, 07:54 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PToholics Anonymous

You guys sound like you only bought the PT because they were selling alot of them...now that sales have leveled off (and other NEW product is available) you don't have the same feelings for the PT. WHY did you buy it to start with, and why have you lost your obsession with it?

I just bought my third...and I still have the first two.
I think most of us would've bought a PT if it was the only one in existence - heck, might even prefer that, except a forum of 1 would be kinda boring...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles