PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Exterior lights and remote keyless entry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2004, 01:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Exterior lights and remote keyless entry

Hello y'all,

I'm the owner of an all stock 2002 LE with almost 55k miles. About six weeks ago, I had to replace the multi-function switch on top of the steering column. I won't go into detail on the problems I experienced with that. Suffice it to say, the problem was corrected. I now have a new problem, that I hope one of y'all can help me with. A few days ago, when coming out of the grocery store I had attempted to deactivate the alarm system and unlock the car. It just would not work. I could hear a clicking sound from the middle of the dash board when I tried to use the switch on the door to try to lock and unlock the doors. When I get in the car and start driving, I get the same clicking sound from the dash when the car reaches 20 mph. I later found that night, that I didn't have headlights either. I checked all the fuses associated with this circuit and found all intact. I don't have a back ground in electrical systems, and would probably get electrocuted trying to use a multi-meter.
Seriously though, I was wondering if any of y'all have experienced this problem and how it was corrected. If so, did you do the work yourself, or did you take it to a dealer or other reputable repair shop to have it fixed. If taken to a dealer, how much did it cost? I'm trying to get an idea of how much this could thin out my wallet.

Thanx in advance to any and all who respond to this thread.

Mike Risher
Upstate
South Carolina
Old 30 Aug 2004, 07:33 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Methinks you need a new "immobilizer module" - big name for the alarm/theft deterrent system that's also remote locking. Not sure of cost. Here's similar symptoms:
http://www.ptforums.com/zerothread?id=1024

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles