Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
DECISION ?!?!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Aug 2004, 09:46 am
Regular Cruiser

Default DECISION ?!?!

Guys am having a problem deciding if i want to buy the BTG or not because with INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING it will cost $ 219 more... so thats sums everything up to 719$ for it.

So u guys think i should go for it, or save my money and just do the back of the exhaust for much cheeper than this !!

plz i need some advices..
Old 31 Aug 2004, 09:52 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Can u find someone local to do a custom exhaust?
That might be cheaper and you can sculpt the sound how you want it.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 31 Aug 2004, 09:57 am
Regular Cruiser

one of my friends relatives have a shop, but since i have no experience with any automobile shop, can u tell me about them ? And also how do i make my own sound ??
Old 31 Aug 2004, 01:05 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Think you would be better off having a local exhaust/muffler shop do the work for you. Good luck.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 01:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

got mine done at a local shop, paid $350 for it total, for a dual exhaust system and the sound is awesome! check out some of your local shops and ask to see pictures of rides they have made custom exhaust systems for....much cheaper if youdo it locally and easier to get repair work done on it...support your local merchants...call the better business bureau to find out if they are a reputable company or call the local chamber of commerce to see if they have any members they can recommend....

BigPhil

Old 31 Aug 2004, 02:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

I paid about the same as bigphil for my dual exhaust. Just like bigphil supported the local small owner. Just my tips were $130.00, weigh a ton and have resonators in them, also have a 30" resonator after the cat. Love the sound. Loud if you turn the stereo volume down[?] I'll have to see if I can put a sound file here, not really sure how though. I'll check into it.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 03:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by junkno

one of my friends relatives have a shop, but since i have no experience with any automobile shop, can u tell me about them ? And also how do i make my own sound ??
Follow along stock route, decide whether you want single or dual, look at pictures of the BTG exhaust, and imitate it. If the exhaust is too quiet, put in a smaller resonator. If it's too loud, add another resonator or a bigger one.
You shouldn't have a rusting problem, right?
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

i dont know about rusting problems, but i think i will go check the shop tomorrow when i finish my college lectures. Yea am goin with the dual setup, looks much kooler on the PT .

The most irritating thing over here is they dont have alot of experience with PT's i could say ~ 2% knowledge.

Ohh btw, what will be better for the N/A 2 1/4, 2/12 or a 3 inch tip ? and how will it effect the sound ? ( am sorry if this question have been asked before )
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:17 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I just got flowmasters installed yesterday, and they sound,if not better, than just as good as BTG. Don't know if flowmaster has a distributor where you are, but you can probably get the muffler and tip for $100 shipped, and pay the local shop maybe another $100 to install.
Old 31 Aug 2004, 05:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Just sent a package to Norway at 16 lbs. for $ 175.00 not cheap.