Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Power Door Lock Light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2004, 07:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Power Door Lock Light

I have a 2004 touring edition turbo lite. I was just cleaning my car and I noticed when the door was opened on the power door lock switch it looks like the switch has the rectangular opening for it to be lighted. if you look at the indent...the one that does not say lock on it...you can see it. My question is do these light up...mine does not...did they ever light up on earlier models. Please check yours and let me know...Again mine do not light up....thanks[:I]
Old 01 Sep 2004, 07:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

rszappa1,

First, none of the lighted switches lite up unless your running/headlights are on. Second, when the PT frist came out, everything lit up. As the cost cutters bared their heads, little things started to disappear in an effort to save money. The vanity cover on the engine, the front passenger door lock, cargo net, folding outside mirrors were some of the things that went away. The two window switches on the floor console for the rear windows used to light up also..but not any more. Try turning on your lights first to see if the switches on the front doors and the center console lite up.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 01 Sep 2004, 10:05 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I did that.....The question is when you have your lights on does your power door lock switch light up or not...thanks
Old 01 Sep 2004, 10:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

I have an '04 GT and my door lock switches in the front DO light up when the lights are on.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 01 Sep 2004, 10:56 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Interesting..on my touring edition..they do not....
Old 01 Sep 2004, 10:58 pm
Young Cruiser

I SEE the light! 01'

www.Stone-PT.com

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.
Old 01 Sep 2004, 11:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I looked in the owners manual and under light bulbs they do not list a light bulb for the door lock switch..
Old 02 Sep 2004, 12:02 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I can't answer if the switches on the 04's light up or not, have an 02 and they do light up.
I can tell you if they do light up they will have non-replaceable LEDs in them and therefore will not be listed in the manual under "light bulbs"
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 02 Sep 2004, 03:19 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

oops. My bad. I'm thinking the power window switch. Yes, you are correct. My '04 GT does NOT have a light for the door lock switch. I was thinking of mod'ing it to have the light. And also move the rear window control away from the floor console, back where it should be, the window.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 02 Sep 2004, 07:23 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I read where the lights for the lock switches were deleted - don't light in '04s.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles