PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Gas cap holder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2004, 02:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie
Default Gas cap holder

Does anyone have a gas cap holder? Doing a search on the net, all I found was this one. I'm not sure if it would hold the Cruiser gas cap. I just bought the locking gas cap and would like to get a holder for it. I prefer NOT to use a chord, becuase I noticed that I have some scrathes where the gas cap was hanging.

Sci-Fi, it looks you have one here. I was wondering where did you get that?

Old 12 Sep 2004, 02:13 pm
Cool Cruiser

Eddie,
Doesn't your gas door have a little hook where you can hang the cap by it's chord?

http://www.pbase.com/robinjoe/pt_cruiser
Old 12 Sep 2004, 02:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

That's from the GM dealer. Believe it is from a Vette. It just clips right on. It's part # 10284784.

Note: I edited this post to show the correct part #.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 03:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by robinjoe

...Doesn't your gas door have a little hook where you can hang the cap by it's chord?
Needless to say, this won't work if you have a locking-type gas cap. Does anyone know where one can be found that will work if you have a locking gas cap as I do? [:I] Thanks.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 04:24 pm
Young Cruiser

It may be possible to attach a cord to the locking gas cap via riviting then utilize the hook.

www.Stone-PT.com

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have learned to speak English.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 06:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by robinjoe

...Doesn't your gas door have a little hook where you can hang the cap by it's chord?
Needless to say, this won't work if you have a locking-type gas cap. Does anyone know where one can be found that will work if you have a locking gas cap as I do? [:I] Thanks.
The gas cap holder clip I have works with the Mopar locking gas cap. The picture link crazie.eddie posted shows the regular cap in the holder (the locking cap was actually installed at that time and I just used the std cap so people can see how it looked) but the locking cap fits the same way. The clip has a locking tab molding in, so if you want the clip to sit lower, you can drill a small hole so it locks/snaps in. I didn't do that, the clip has enough room and sits right by the gas cap door flap. The locking or std gas cap is inserted into the raised curved part and the bottom of the clip holds the screw part so the gas cap is held in an upright position. The only way it will fall off is if you physically knock it out of the clip.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 10:22 pm
Fresh Cruiser

i set it on the hinge no problem.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 11:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Ok...here's the part number for the GM Gas Cap holder clip:
part # 10284784. Should be able to order that part at any GM dealer (Chev, Buick, GM, etc).
Old 13 Sep 2004, 02:44 pm
Regular Cruiser

I have a very simple mod that costs nothing that might do the trick. When I tell you, you'll wonder why you didn't think of it before.

You simply loop the gas cap retaining plastic wire one time around the metal arm that the gas cap door is attached to. The next time you fill up the tank, you just open the outer door, loosen the gas cap and the cap neatly dangles without getting in the way.

I hope it works for you!

[IMG]|2003 PT GT 5-Speed | Mopar Stage 1 | Mopar 2.5\" Dual Exhaust | Mopar Short-Throw Shifter | Mopar HO Plastic Intake | Mopar Boost Gauge | AGP WGA/BOP | APC Carbon Fiber Taillights | Axis 19x8 Wheels/Yokohama 225/35ZR19 Parada Spec2 Tires | BTG Strut Tower Brace | BTG Billet Shorty Antenna | Eibach Anti-Sway Bars | HKS SSQV BOV | JLM Motor/Tranny Mounts | KW Variant 1 Coilovers | Maxxfab 3\" Downpipe | NGK Iridiums | Prototypepower UCP/CAI v5 | PTeazer Smoothie Roll Pan | Screamin\' Demon Coil/Livewires | StopTech Slotted Rotors/Hawk HPS Pads/Stainless Steel Lines | Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley|
Old 13 Sep 2004, 06:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

With the stock gas cap and chord, I did just let it dangle or even loop it around the hinge, which still made contact with the car. The hook is a good idea if I intend to use the gas cap with chord. Unfortunately Gary04GT and I will be using our locking gas caps so there is no way to use the chord, unless we somehow drill into the cap. So the GM gas cap holder will probably do the trick.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>