Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Front number plate

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Oct 2004, 05:30 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Front number plate

Hey guys, i had a small accident in which the left side of the number plate had bent in, and the plastic holder is not held well, + some scratches on the top of the bumper. I was wondering if u could tell me how to fix the number plate and if i could buy a number plate holder from anywhere, Chrysler dealer ?

pix to follow
Old 21 Oct 2004, 05:36 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to crazie.eddie

I'm assuming the license plate frame is what you're talking about? If so, you could get a stock one from the dealer. Otherwise, there should be a local shope that might carry them.

<b>\'04 PT GT Graphite Metalic w/Autostick: </b> Stage1, BTG Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Anti-Sway Bars, Airaid CAI, Mopar 2.5\" Dual Cat-Back (D: 14.48@93 - A/S: 14.56@90) <i>...more mods at CarDomain or PTCruiserWorld</i>
Old 21 Oct 2004, 07:56 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The plates are almost always aluminum. Put some rags flat on a flat surface and pound the back with a rubber mallet. The holder is just plastic. You could try epoxy if it's cracked - you don't see it with the plate on, so it doesn't have to be pretty.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 21 Oct 2004, 08:37 pm
Regular Cruiser

thx for the info guys, i wanna do this cause dont want my mom to worry + i dont want the accident to be recorded in my file

keep on cruizin guys [8)]
Old 23 Oct 2004, 03:51 am
Regular Cruiser

as i promised u guys, here are a few pix, sorry some are blurry