Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Cruiser Magazine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Nov 2004, 12:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default PT Cruiser Magazine

When I first went PT shopping I was told by several owners (I was out of state) and by three enthusiasts at an auto show (they were PT owners) that I would be contacted shortly after purchasing my PT Cruiser, about getting a subscription for a quarterly-published PT Cruiser magazine (one even showed me his copy).
I purchased mine on 8/31/2004 and have yet to hear anything from Chrysler about such a magazine. Anybody out there confirm or deny what I was told about the publication????
Old 26 Nov 2004, 01:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cruiser Quarterly is not from Chrysler, it's produced by PT Enthusiasts.
You have to subscribe.
http://ptenthusiasts.org/forum/showt...068#post529068

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Nov 2004, 04:16 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Tom, maybe a miscommunication, or you or the people who told you about the magazine might be confusing the Cruiser Quarterly with the quarterly Chrysler magazine we all get (goes right in the trash can at my house) free. I read somewhere that this quarterly glossy publication Chrysler sends "for free" to purchasers is actually a marketing tool to determine interest in other products - to see what people who buy Chryslers also have in common in terms of other purchasing habits - and the reason they give it for free is they are somehow using it to gather data to be used in determining what other businesses to buy/merge with, for synergies.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 04:54 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jeff V

Tom, maybe a miscommunication, or you or the people who told you about the magazine might be confusing the Cruiser Quarterly with the quarterly Chrysler magazine we all get (goes right in the trash can at my house) free. I read somewhere that this quarterly glossy publication Chrysler sends "for free" to purchasers is actually a marketing tool to determine interest in other products - to see what people who buy Chryslers also have in common in terms of other purchasing habits - and the reason they give it for free is they are somehow using it to gather data to be used in determining what other businesses to buy/merge with, for synergies.
Jeff, I think you may have been given some misinformation here. Yes, Chrysler sends this publication out for free (I'm even still getting the Dodge version of it even though I traded my Stratus for the PT almost a year ago!), but they aren't gathering any info. I make my living in direct response marketing, and what these publications lack is the "response" part, which is critical if you're going to gather any data for marketing purposes. Those who write letters, send pictures, etc to the publication are essentially worthless as a data collection method as nothing is being gathered about their demographics. I'd put these pubs under more of a customer loyalty/retention device than anything else. But they're sort of weak in that regard as well.
Old 26 Nov 2004, 06:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Well whatever their called, their awfull. The dodge mag. is really good racing and all, but wine tasting isn't my cup of coffee, chrysler mag. stinks! it starts the fire place real nice.LOL

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 26 Nov 2004, 06:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Agree with you guys on the chrysler magazine.
Cruiser Quarterly is a very cool magazine. I look forward to getting mine every 3 months.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 26 Nov 2004, 07:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Just sent in my subscription after Myrtle Beach V. At the check in table there were 3 copies and thier catalod that they were giving out FREE[^]!! As I looked thru it, I decided to subscribe, looking forward to my first issue!!
Old 27 Nov 2004, 11:12 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

If you contact Pops here http://popsptshop.bigstep.com/ you can order the back issues.
Old 28 Nov 2004, 01:58 pm
Regular Cruiser

For sure the Dodge and Chrysler company mags are a wast of my time. Why don't they have articles about the real things in their cars? Too much wine, food, and fancy places. These mags cost the company a lot of money and don't do much good as far as I can see. Now Cruiser Quarterly is differant because it does tell us things we want to know.
Old 29 Nov 2004, 09:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by redhotpt

If you contact Pops here http://popsptshop.bigstep.com/ you can order the back issues.
That's not for Cruiser Quarterly, that's for PTE Cruisin' magazine 2002 - 2002.