Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
can't see blinker flashing - steering wheel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Dec 2004, 02:26 am
Young Cruiser

Default can't see blinker flashing - steering wheel

I don't know if this is a common problem, but I notice that when my directional blinkers are on, I cannot see them because the steering wheel is in the way. Is there any such thing as some kind of mirror or reflectors that would show the blinking without me hunching over to peer under the wheel to see if they are blinking? It is not like I am tall or anything... 5'10"... or is this just another Cruiser quirk?
Old 04 Dec 2004, 05:11 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Have you tried adjusting the tilt of the steering wheel? If I don't adjust the steering wheel tilt, it will block the view of the instrument panel for me also.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 04 Dec 2004, 02:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

What he said. [|)] I'm 6'4" and have to tilt it just right. The adjustment is the long knob on the left side of the column.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 04 Dec 2004, 04:15 pm
Young Cruiser

adjusting the steering wheel..! Well don't I feel stupid! of course! Thanks!
Old 04 Dec 2004, 07:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Curruzr,
Don't feel stupid about not adjusting the tilt of the wheel.
I have the same problem seeing the indicators and I'm 5'-7". I always pull the wheel all of the way down because that's where I'm comfortable with it and since my hands are always on the wheel, that takes priority over being able to see the indicators. I too wish they were in a better location. ItÂ’s just one of those things you learn to live with.
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 04 Dec 2004, 10:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Can't you hear them? [:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 05 Dec 2004, 12:16 am
Fanatic Cruiser

QSD,
I usually hear it and if you leave the turnsignal on and drive over 15 mph for more than 1 mile, the "chime" will start to sound also as a reminder.

Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 05 Dec 2004, 12:58 am
Young Cruiser

That "Chime" is better known as the GEEZER ALARM. Scared me the first time I heard it.. I thought something was wrong with my Cran-Baby.

Current Mods: Removing small pieces of paint on the hood and grille by painstakingly driving into flying debris kicked up by preceeding vehicles
Old 05 Dec 2004, 01:26 am
Young Cruiser

well, I would be able to hear it, but... I just put a new clarion sound system in, and, well, I have to constantly test the volume..!
Old 07 Dec 2004, 02:42 am
Cool Cruiser

That has always been my pet peeve. [xx(] Ever since I installed turn signals with the big green light on my '40 Ford Coupe I've been amazed that dashboard designers have never understood that placing the directional signal lights so the driver could see them is of more than pasing importance. Now here is a place for a HUD.