PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
heat and fan control ~ what to expect on 1 and 2 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2004, 11:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default heat and fan control ~ what to expect on 1 and 2 ?

Hello,
I haven't been here for a while, I'm busy adding mileage to my 2004 touring...[8)]
It is getting cold here and so I'm running the heat in earnest. I'm finding the fan doesn't do much in the 1 and 2 position. Generally, I'm running the fan with heat to get things warmed up, and then I cut back, or do not use the fan at all.
Can't seem to feel or hear much fan action in the 1 and 2.
Will be taking in for an oil change in a week or so and will ask then, but decided I'd ask here first for any information. You all have been very helpful in the past. Thanks.

Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:32 am
Senior Cruiser

frances,your right you can't hear the fan running until you get around the third setting.It's the same way with both our Cruiser, so I guess it's normal.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 20 Dec 2004, 02:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to bigtommy83

If there was something wrong with the fan or resistor, it wouldn't work at all, or it would work on high only. It is almost unbearable on 3 or 4 a lot of the times (unless its 3 or 4 on a/c) so mine is usually on 1 or 2. 2 in the mornings to let the car heat up so not so much cold air rushes over the heater core so it has a radiator effect. It's minimal but it makes me happy. and 1 on the way to work. very toasty. I dunno, personal preference I guess.

\'04 GT 5-speed, Brand X, Air Force One Intake, Custom Flowmaster Exhaust (retired), SRT-4 exhaust no resonators, AGP Wastegate, Crusher Kit, Former Chrome Package, Mopar BOV, Custom Sub Box, Mopar Pillar Gauges, Hood Scoop, MBC, Stage 1, Mopar Stage 1 Springs, Hurst STS
Future Plans: Custom Intercooler Sprayer, 2-tone Paint Job
\"Hondas are like cigarettes, everyone cool smokes them\"
Old 20 Dec 2004, 02:56 am
Veteran Cruiser

That's why you have different settings. If you want to hear the fan on 1 then before you start the car put the fan on 1 and turn the key but don't start the engine. You will hear the fan running on it's lowest setting.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 21 Dec 2004, 01:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Hello,
I appreciate your insight! The heat/ac works great, btw, and I didn't think ANYTHING could heat/ac as well as our 91 Nissan Sentra...which finally died this summer ~ we had a good run.
I'm happy with the controls position, so I don't have to look down to adjust something while driving. I'm average height, so it may be different for anyone taller.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 08:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Let me assure you positions 1 & 2 work. It was in single digits yesterday & this morning, and I had my heat on 2, and had to back down to 1 because it was getting too warm - and I drive in shirtsleeves - no coat when I drive. Usually, even 1 gets too warm after several miles. On a 50 mile commute, car has plenty of time to warm up.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 21 Dec 2004, 07:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Wow Don, 50 miles one way!!

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 22 Dec 2004, 09:09 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jimbo

Wow Don, 50 miles one way!!
That's the days I don't go into Manhattan on a bus.
Yeah, that's why I have 80,000 miles on my '02. Getting around 25 MPG, and other than deer, usually have the commute in to myself (on the road before 05:00).