Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
How good is PT on snow?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Jan 2005, 03:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

With a set of just recently installed Bridgestone Blizzaks, my PT handles like a dream year ' round. I hated the fact that I did not drive it much last winter, so I went to Tire Rack and ordered a set of 17 in Sport Edition Teknos and four Blizzak LM25s. They look good, handle great dry, wet or snow and I lose traction a whole lot less than with the OEM Goodyears.
03 Inferno Red GT (Jun 03 build), 5-speed, leather, heat, 6CD changer, moonroof; winter wheels and tires for year 'round enjoyment; silencers removed, no other mods because I'm having more than enough fun with the power I have now!
Old 26 Jan 2005, 10:03 pm
Regular Cruiser

dont very like it my 94 intrepid is mutch mutch better on snow
Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:46 am
Young Cruiser

From my experiense in driving here in Moscow where we get snow almost 6 months a year I can tell you that it's not up to a car it's up to tires for 90% of it. When you put the right snow tires on, it's whole different car, you don't even notice there's snow. Even with AWD, if you don't have snow tires on, you won't get enough traction and will be spinning all 4 wheels.
Old 27 Jan 2005, 06:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CruiserDan

living in NorthEast PA on the peak of a mountain i have had alot of experience with snow and driving. I have on more than one ocasion left 4 wheel drive trucks and suv's behind up hills . There have been several memories one last winter 1st one with the pt and it was 2 feet of snow and i drove right through with some tires i wouldnt ever describe as good and wouldnt recomend them to any one. When i looked in the rear view there was a huge rectangle out of the snow from the body pushing through and 2 tire tracks. THis winter as well i had to move my car from my parking lot at school to another so the lot could be plowed and the snow was atleast 15-18 inches and i had no slipping whatso ever and made it out just dandy as my friends in their cars were being pushed and or pulled by large trucks untill on bare ground. I wouldnt contribute this winter's performance so much to tires as i have a semi performance rated tire. The sumitomo sirxon(sp?) and they are all season tires but dont really seem to be to great as i have to compensate in my driving when snowy. But none the less i love my pt and its very tank like getting through the snow in my area.

Dan

<font color=\"blue\">Patriot Blue</font id=\"blue\"> 02 5-Spd
Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:21 pm
Cool Cruiser

Car runs great, tires suck. I can't wait till spring so I can burn them off at the track!!! [8)]
Old 30 Jan 2005, 12:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

I have a '03 GT that handles great, even after driping it an inch or so last week (during the latest big snow fall in Toronto). Never gotten stuck while driving it. Not quite as good as my wife's Neon, which is one of the BEST snow cars I have ever driven, but with good rubber I am confident it would be better.

The stock All season radials suck in snow, rain, and sun. If you have the autostick, start in second, and be easy on the throttle, or let the traction control handle things.

\"Nothing in the \'Verse can stop me\"

Old 02 Feb 2005, 07:50 am
Young Cruiser

My PT did great, I live in Germany currently. Not a lot of snow, but when it does it messes up the roads fairly well. The roads here are full of twists and turns, lots and lots of hills. PT did excellent in the snow... i have some special training in driving, so I was purposly trying to slide and everything was easily correctable. I love the snow!!
02\' Patriot Blue Cruiser, dual cat back exhaust, blue under car lights, airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and custom sound system.*Xenon front bumper (crusher), polished aluminum gas door.