PT Cruiser Forum  

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Did the PT bring you over to Mopar?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2005, 10:39 am
Young Cruiser

Always owned Mopar, see sig. Problem is, it is tough to get rid of them once you become a Turbo Junky

Just finished restoring my Shadow, sunk much $$$ into it but I guess it will be good for another 200K miles of reliable service and I was able to do some nice upgrades.

PT's will be awesome to own long term since they will be very plentiful in the yards 10 years out and parts will be cheap.

Mike
90 Daytona ES Turbo 2.5 NPR Cooler, S60 50 Trim, A568 Getrag 3\" Exh +40\'s 3bar Map
90 Daytona Shelby VNT 2.2 T4 A568 Getrag Needs work
00 Durango 5.9 SLT+
02 WJ Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.7
03 PTGT Black 5 spd, Stg1, Mopar BOV
Old 15 Feb 2005, 11:52 am
Cool Cruiser

I've always driven Chevy's, but I thought the PT design was the coolest idea I'd ever seen. The retro look, utility, and performance with the turbo are outstanding.

I have not exactly been ecstatic about the build quality. I've had a leaky transmission worked on under warrantee that still leaks. I also have the flickering lights issue that seems fairly common. Other than that I still love the car, but there are nagging questions that might prevent me from buying another DCX vehicle. Chrysler does have some compelling designs out there though.

If Chevy does make the Nomad concept it could be my wifes next vehicle. It would be great if they offer it with the supercharged ecotec motor from the Cobalt SS. It looks cooler than the PT and it is rear wheel drive. It would look great parked next to the PT (or my Impala SS for that matter). I can hear it now, "what are you doing to my car?" "Nothing baby...just an oil change...nothing to see here..."
Old 15 Feb 2005, 01:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to SuGamer

I've been a Chevy man for years, but I've always loved the Mopar muscles car of the 70's. Challenger, Charger, Barricuda, Hemicudda, the list goes on. I feel in love with the Cruiser when it came out, and loved my '01. I only brought my '04 GT because I was upset and wanted my car back exactly the same. Well, I brought the GT and love it much more. As for DC, I might buy an SRT-4 next. If it wasn't for the Cruiser's and SRT-4's, I'd never buy another Chrysler car again since they screwed me so bad.
Black 2004 PT Cruiser GT with chrome accent package, chrome door spears, billet gauge eyebrows, chrome beltline, Autotechnica tail light covers painted body color, TYC by Elegente backup lights and GPS Navigation. Silver dragons on sides and hood. Stage 1! Spark plugs gapped to .040, and installed a set of Crane Firewires. BTG cold air intake, AMX1397\'s Turbo Up Charge Pipe, Boomba Racing BOV, Hallman Pro PX manual boost controller and Mean Green\'s Hyperground Solution.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze247vu
http://www.ptcruiserworld.com/Junior

Old 15 Feb 2005, 05:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Besides the PT in my first post our other car is an '03 Impala. I like it very well. No problems of any kind with 36K. How the PT holds up will determine if I continue with Chrysler. If it turns out to be a good car I see a second PT in our future. I do doubt I would have ever looked at MOPAR were it not for the PT's. Been a Chevy nut ever since going to short track ovals and drag races in the 60's. I was burned bad on a lemon Ford Aerostar and refuse to consider Ford ever again. I would like to have fab '32 through '40 Ford body styled street rod with Chevy running gear. Alas, too much $$$. That will never be. Hence, the PT.
Old 15 Feb 2005, 07:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to VellianPT

my parents bought the pt, always been a gm family couple other ones 70 mustang and a honda wagon thingy we had for 2 weeks. My mom wanted the pt and they got it. then this past winter she wanted a different car so it got passed to my brother then to me, but i am a gm fan, even though i'll alwyas have thing for the look of the pt

I have a 2001 PT cruiser Limited Edition. AKA the Pregnant Snowball For Sale also ask for details

Old 15 Feb 2005, 07:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

First mopar I've ever owned ,now I have two.

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 15 Feb 2005, 10:11 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Whatever the reason that Mopar decided against Stage 2 for PT's, it put an end to me migrating toward being a Mopar fan.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 03:16 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jeff V

Whatever the reason that Mopar decided against Stage 2 for PT's, it put an end to me migrating toward being a Mopar fan.
Our first PT was an '01 we bought in 2001. Right now my wife has an '04 PT and I have an '03 GT. They are the only Mopars we've ever had. Like Jeff said when Mopar led us on for the longest time about stage 2 and we finally had to hear from Tommy Thrift that we will never see it. It left a bad taste in my mouth. Mopar didn't even have the guts to come out and say it. They will not even support (warrant) the performace parts they do sell. I love my GT. Luckily I've found other ways with aftermarket parts to upgrade the performance. I'll keep my GT and eventually will buy a small performance car with warranted upgradeable performance parts from another car maker who does so. Another thing I don't like about Mopar is their crappy automatic transmissions. They've known for years they were junk and have a history of going out. The auto tranny in my wife's '01 went out at 80,000 miles. It had been serviced properly. The tow truck driver said he had seen a lot of them break. Luckily, my GT is a 5 speed. My wife's '04 auto tranny has a 90,000 mile extended warranty but we won't keep it that long. For those of you who have an auto tranny it isn't a matter of if it breaks it's when. Tommy Thrift has worked with some people to build an upgraded bullit proof auto tranny that sells for $2250. Mopar could have done the same but they don't care. We love our PT's but no more new Mopars for us.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 16 Feb 2005, 07:16 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I always had "furrin'" cars - Porsche, VW, Volvo, Honda,... Had a Volvo wagon I'd bought used, and it was getting tired when they came out with the Caravan in '84. We bought a new one and I was impressed. The kids actually cried when we sold it! Been buying Mopar since.
I bought a '92 Dodge Spirit new, and put 195,000 miles on it before transmission decided not to shift.
'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 16 Feb 2005, 02:16 pm
Cool Cruiser

I've been a Pontiac Firebird guy ever since I saw Smokey and the Bandit. The clincher was when I bought one and then all the hot girls in town started to notice me!(Sweet!) I've owned three, 78' Redbird, 83' Trans Am (Had to sell cuz of insurance) and a 92 Firebird. I'm married with 2 kids now and had to find a car that was NOT a minivan and I could fit my family into without me feeling "domesticated." That's when I found this "mid-life Chrysler".

[8)]