Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Programming the keyless Remote

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jul 2005, 04:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

When programming RKE fobs, all of them must be present when programming. If you program all but one, that one will no longer work.
Just like the transponder keys, it's a good idea to have an extra one. It's more of a hassle (and cost) to have the dealer do the programming if you don't have the 2 needed to do it yourself.

2004 Dark Plum Base with windows tinted, cabin filter, silencers removed, fog lights, 18\'s, all Red taillights, Blaine\'s struts, modesty cover, color-matched center dash, 06 rear bumper
Old 28 Jul 2005, 10:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

I got a new remote but so far have had no luck getting it programmed myself. Has anyone done this before and maybe have some tips for what I could be doing wrong? I followed all the steps listed above and I haven't gotten the first chime to occur to enter programming mode.

p.s. I'm eating up all the info on the site hehe, got a K&N drop in air filter, pulled the silencer out and installed the filter right in the parking lot. First of many improvements I forsee [?]
Old 28 Jul 2005, 05:53 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

JSC,
Where did you get your new fob? Look on the back and there should be a part number 04671641 AD or AE or maybe AF by now. If the part number doesn't match the numbers I listed, it's the wrong fob and won't work. I know this is the P/N at least for the 2002 & 2003 PTs.

Good luck
Del Val PT Cruisers
Old 28 Jul 2005, 11:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I checked and on the back is P/N 04671641 AE right under the line that reads Daimler Chrysler

I'll give it another try or dozen tomorrow evening after work. I'm tired of the alarm going off everytime I'm in public, if I'm dressed in my casual clothes I look like I'm stealing someone else's cruiser, if I'm dressed for work I just look like an idiot who doesn't know how to open his doors lol
Old 02 May 2007, 06:43 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Programming the keyless Remote

I just acquired a 2006 PT Cruiser.

I got two valid keys, but now keyless remote.

I have been able to acquire a keyless remote. However, the only guidelines that I see here require me to insert the key with the built in remote. My remote is not incorporated into the key.

Does anyone have instructions for me to program this fob?

Thanks,

RB
Old 01 Jan 2010, 08:42 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Re: Programming the keyless Remote

Both my keyless remotes that came with my 2005 PT Cruiser no longer work and I have replaced the batteries in both of them and they are still not working.

Do I have to go to the dealer and get a new remote and have them program it, since I don't have a remote that currently works?

What are my cheapest and simplest options at this point?? what are some reccomendations ? Help!!!http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...s/confused.gif
Old 01 Jan 2010, 08:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Question Re: Programming the keyless Remote

Both my keyless remotes that came with my 2005 PT Cruiser no longer work and I have replaced the batteries in both of them and they are still not working.

Do I have to go to the dealer and get a new remote and have them program it, since I don't have a remote that currently works?

What are my cheapest and simplest options at this point?? what are some reccomendations ? Help!!!http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/....gif:confused:
Old 22 Mar 2011, 05:13 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Red face Re: Programming the keyless Remote

Will this also work on a 2006 PT?I dont have my manual either.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 05:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

will it work the same way with an 06?
Old 22 Mar 2011, 05:56 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Yes, Yes to both questions!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar