Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > General PT Cruiser Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
road trip d'oh!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 May 2005, 05:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default road trip d'oh!

a quick story about an up and down cruiser moment. in the middle of a vacation to arizona, almost to sedona, my wife, son and I take a break at a rest stop. a nice family comes out and starts talking about how much they love cruisers, and really like the cranberry color. now i'm glowing like a proud papa, even my wife is smiling. then, as the family walks away, i hear my wife say, "when did this happen?". my heart sank as i looked to see a three plus inch dent in the front fender under the antenna. someone got me with a door and did not leave a note. as angry as i was, i didn't let it ruin the cruise! good news is that when we got back, i called a paintless dent repair place, and for 150 bucks it looks good as new. of course i'm out the money, thinking of going back to AZ to find a car with purple paint on it's door!!!!
Old 31 May 2005, 06:36 pm
Cool Cruiser

That's a drag on a good trip! Glad it wasn't serious.

It reminds me of my trip to an Atlanta hotel. I went out to the car the entire lower rear quarter panel was white from a drive-by scrape with paint transfer.

(Someone in a white car had pulled out and turned too soon.)
I filed a police report, and searched the parking lot but didn't find a white car!

The body shop manager at Stone Mountain Chrysler said "That'll buff right out." It did! It only took five minutes, and he didn't even charge me!

I tipped 'em $20-, and a hearty thanks that there was no damage to my paint.

Blanes HoodStruts
etc.
Old 03 Jun 2005, 02:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

thanks zzzhuh, guess it happens to lots of us. can't understand how people could do such things, leave a note at least....

have to say my story would not have been so happy without the wonderful job the dent guy did. i would have been satisfied if he would have just got it to a slight ripple, but i really cannot even tell where the dent was (and it was a big one that really stuck out on the curvy front fender!). have to give a shout to his company, Dent Pro. (not sure if they are all over or just a CA company). don't know if others on this forum have used this type of repair, but if you need it, i'd recommend them to anyone with dents they need to get rid of!