Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
let's get some kills stories...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 May 2003, 03:18 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default let's get some kills stories...

so far with just my fabricated intake i've taken down....
1) 99 Maxima, lowered w/ intake, headers, exhuast, pulleys, and chipped ecu. I pulled away in 3rd...
2) Ford Focus SVT, lowered w/ intake, exhaust. I pulled away right off the line...
3) 2001 Mustang V6 coupe, w/ Intake, Exhuast, Cams. I pulled away in 2nd-3rd...
4) Honda CRX B16 swap, fully internally built
5) Honda CRZ ZC swap, fully built with a 50 shot
6) Old Mazda 323 turbo, 20psi w/straight pipe, intake and full t/b exhaust.
7) 2x integra gsr's, not sure what they had done
8) MK4 VW VR6 jetta, w/ schrick intake manifold, neuspeed intake, and remus exhaust and a GIAC X-Chip
9) MK4 VW GTi 1.8T, chipped w/ intake exhaust
.....and a couple more i've probably forgotten already. So lets see your kills!!!![?]
Old 07 May 2003, 04:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

All right ...here's one for you:

Last Thursday afternoon about 2pm. Thunder shower had just ended. 02 PT (Shale Green?), aftermarket wheels, magnetic flames on sides. 2 occupants, going too fast for conditions, slid thru a stop sign and broadsided on passenger side by a silver Honda civic. PT was a touring edition (no side airbags). Both PT occupants rushed to nearest hospital. Honda female driver shaken up but uninjured. Male passenger D.O.A. at the hospital. Women still there as of this writing.

There's my kill story....anyone else?

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 May 2003, 04:18 pm
Regular Cruiser

We all like to play out there occasionaly, but you definately have a valid point. Too much collateral damage out there nowadays as it is.
Phil
Old 07 May 2003, 04:32 pm
Administrator

Old 07 May 2003, 06:26 pm
Young Cruiser

street racing in fl.lands you in jail. so i try to stay clear of it. but yes i have had a few runs on the street. stock honda civics, other cruisers (non turbo), toyota saquoia(sp). cop tzer is your cruiser a 5sp? i race alot at the track in my civic. and most of the cars you mentioned would beat my cruiser. and it has a mbc on it, but an autostick. and i know i can drive fairly well. i have my civic in the mid 13's in the 1/4 all motor on pump gas. still has a/c aswell. maybe my cruiser is just a monday motor, and you got a wed. motor. owell just keep it safe, on and off the track
Old 07 May 2003, 07:32 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

well then Crewzin seems unapproving....but then again not everyone is.
But yes, my pt is a 5 speed. The runs were done with no backseat or spare and no traction control. Launching at just over 2000 rpm and then slipping the clutch and no "power shifting". But as far as some of these cars giving you trouble, the other driviers may have had no clue what they were doing, who knows?[:I]
Old 07 May 2003, 08:01 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Crewzin is stating the consequences of speed...his trade is law enforcement . I street race occasionally and crewzin is no virgin either ...but listing may have struck a nerve ....there's more than 1 way win /lose a race . Enjoy your car ! Death can have a real sombering effect .
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 07 May 2003, 08:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Crewzin makes a good point. A lot of folks drive without any regard for the prevailing road conditions. There are also cars out there that are "hot" but not in the stopping department. I see a lot written about performance improvements on PT's on this and other web sites but VERY little mention is made of improvements to the brakes of these cars.

My GT is completely stock and while the 4-wheel disc brakes are more than adequate it took me several weeks to get used to how deceptively quick the car is. I was caught out more than once going too fast approaching a stop - fortunately the brakes do a good job. If MOPAR ever makes their stage 1-3 kits available I'm going to make sure I get bigger brakes to go along with the added HP.
Old 07 May 2003, 11:53 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Gary C

at the drag strip (great lakes dragaway) i beat a V8 mustang convertible (SN95), 5.0 Fox body with an AOD, stock, got my doors BLOWN off by a 9 second Nova *DROOOOOOOL*, whiped the ground with a '97 GS-T that couldn't drive, even though the car was slinging a T3/T4 turbo and the supporting mods, lsd, drag radials the guy really couldn't drive to save his life, beat him with a 14.9. pretty sad i say.
and i've beaten a few more other misc. cars at the dragstrip as well as being slaughtered by quite a few, but I have time slips to show for it, and it's a lot more controlled than the street, and a heck of a lot of fun for 25 bucks which gave me 5 hours (more if i would have shown up earlier) of time to make runs. Definatly worth going in my book.

Old 07 May 2003, 11:57 pm
Cool Cruiser

Here in Texas, if caught street racing, it's jail time, 6 months. If caught watching, it's 30 days. No street racing here. Don't even want to watch.

Mike