PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
replace air tube to turbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Sep 2005, 03:52 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default replace air tube to turbo

I would like to replace the resticted air tube from the turbo to
the stock airbox that has silencers restrcited down to about 2 inches.
I have a K&N filter with the other silencers removed and a large tube the same size as the large intake opening in the box running to the
cold air fender opening. So mostly all I have left is the one long restricted silencer tube to the turbo. I dont want to cut it up and ruin
it but want to keep it to put back to stock. Any pipes or kits out there without going to the complete cold air kit? Flash

03 GT Turbo ,5 spd,Stage 1,Blow off valve mod, pillar boost gauge,Mopar HP wires, K%N with air silencers out, Oil seperater, axle back straight
through exhaust, 04 upgrades (steering wheel spoke caps,metal pedals,rear spoiler,chrome grill & spears,chrome gas cover)
Old 18 Sep 2005, 08:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

check ptcruise.com on their vendors section. AMX and prototypepower are two making them
Please see Forum Guidelines regarding signature image sizing.
Old 19 Sep 2005, 03:04 am
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to 13secPTCruiser

ptcr3w.com

but replace the 3 with an e
Old 17 Oct 2005, 02:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

I finally got the AMX intake air tube for the turbo to the air box. I also put a screenin demon coil on. I gapped the NGKs at .055 IT is a real pleasure to drive now. I dont get any of that glass pack mone at all any more . It is as if IM just touching the accellerator going down the road now. It revs so smooth and effortlessly now. The idle is even smoother. I got the best mileage I even have gotten so far. 26 mpg on a run and half was city driving. Now as for performance all hell breaks loose when you get on it. I even notice a big differance there. I have it all dialed where I really like it now. Stock it was a joke. I think the 06 PT is sorry. Especially the interior. Messed up

Black 03 GT turbo- stage 1- blow off valve mod- axle back stainless steel exhaust- Max pipe- K&N filer- ALL air silencers removed_- cold air tube from stock box to fender- oil seperater- piler boost gauge- rear air spoiler- mopar HP plug wires- NGK plugs- screenin demon coil- chrome grill- chrome speers- chrome gas cover-plus alot of other little stuff like the 04 interior changes [8)]
Black 03 GT , stage 1, blow off valve mod., AMX tube, K&N filter, cold air to fender, axle back stainless steel exhaust, sceamin demon coil,Mopar HP plug wires with NGK plugs. rear spoiler, chrome-grill-speers-gas cover, plus 04 interior upgrades.
Old 17 Oct 2005, 10:20 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by flash

I gapped the NGKs at .055
Everybody - including the factory - recommend gapping tighter. .038-.042 - some even go to 0.028!!!![:I]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 17 Oct 2005, 01:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

FLASH!

The beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!!

A proud 06 PT GT owner.
Old 17 Oct 2005, 03:58 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I was setting them .038 before I put the sceamin demon coil on. Like for 2 yrs. The coil people say you can go up to .065 but Im sure at that you will blow the spark out. I know what they say and have tried it all. Even the computer was bad when the GT came out and it would cut out and stumble at 4 K rpm on mine. The dealership took care of that problem and the bad clutch and that is all they have worked on. So now 2 1/2 yrs later I thought I would try a bigger gap and a hotter spark and I real happy with it . Im do get on it pretty good and like to redline full throttle in atleast in a couple of gears when ever I take it out. I do feel Im getting a better burn which seems to make the engine much smoother. If I develope any full throttle misses up near redline Ill gap them down but as it is Im getting a smother more powerful engine the way it is setup now. I love it. I didnt mean to step on anyone with an 06 PT. I would just hate to see them destroy a good thing. If they lose the appeal we might lose the car. Back to the PT , the only other thing I did at the same time as the coil was put the AMX pipe on which as far as I say would only give me more power because it can breath better. I really dont credit the AMX tube for anything more than more power . I am really happy with the AMX tube. It not only functions wellbut also is a nice looking well made add on. ANy comments are well come. I know we all our opinions, so no problem hearing your. I have been the only one working on this car other than the dealer for the warranty problems I mentioned. I have learned of most of these mods of the internet and the PT forums. I even have gotten all the mod parts off the internet. It didnt meet my exspectations in 03 when I purchased it but as it goes now I really like it and I give thanks to all that have put their tech info and their ideas out there. I would not have the car I have if it was not for this. [8)]
Black 03 GT , stage 1, blow off valve mod., AMX tube, K&N filter, cold air to fender, axle back stainless steel exhaust, sceamin demon coil,Mopar HP plug wires with NGK plugs. rear spoiler, chrome-grill-speers-gas cover, plus 04 interior upgrades.
Old 19 Oct 2005, 10:16 pm
Young Cruiser

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I could get the AMX intake tube from? Also, what will did it cost? Thanks in advance!!
Old 20 Oct 2005, 11:35 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Click on this link http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...isplay&id=1098, then click on Send an Email.

2003 Almond GT AutoStick, body colored rear splash guards and hood struts, chrome gear shift, AC & vent knobs, billet steering wheel spokes and pedals, AMX1397 Turbo-Intake Pipe.
Old 20 Oct 2005, 02:54 pm
Fresh Cruiser

He can also be found in the Vendors section of www.ptcr3w.com (replace the 3 with an e), along with a host of other mighty fine vendors like Adam at Prototype Power, Tommy at Haynes Speedshop, our friends from AGP, Fully Built, Psi-Fi, High Temp Silicone, Trick Cruiser, Engine Runup and more.....Come on over!