Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Blown away> subaru

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 May 2003, 08:42 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Blown away> subaru

I was on my way to my first car show of the year, (weather was nice, sunny and 70*) I had ZZ top on the deck, my car was detailed out, I was feeling good. At the light, I had a Subaru pull next to me, and we had an open road ahead of us. Ok, lets play I thought. I didn't have a chance, he had me by 4 cars by the time I shifted to second gear. So I gave in to defeat. It was model with that big hood scoop in the front. Oh well, I better look start looking for more HP under my hood/ [V]turbomangt 2003 Turbo
Old 19 May 2003, 09:08 am
Cool Cruiser

Well, that was the WRX version of the Subee -- It too is a Turbo, and a pretty quick one at that. Probably weighed about 600 pounds less then you and pulls about the same horse power. So, if the driver is a good one, he/she will pull you quite nicely. They give the SRT-4 a good run, and the SRT-4 can toast us any time it wants to.

Mike
Old 19 May 2003, 06:45 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

it all depends just how willing the owner of the WRX is to toast his tranny off the line. If they rev up and drop the clutch at like 6000rpm they'll bite and be long gone b/c they're all wheel drive. It may have been a bit closer off the roll. I just can't see them being that much lighter, b/c our car is shorter and doesn't have that heavy AWD tranny. If your PT is running and intake, FULL 3" exhaust, and a serious boost controller and the WRX is stock it would be a decent run...but again it all comes down to the drivers[8)]
Old 19 May 2003, 07:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

After reading all the extras you have added, I would say you might have too much weight to race anything!!
'03 Steel Blue Turbo, stock in every way and I love it!
Old 19 May 2003, 10:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

isn't the rex dyno'd at around 227whp?[:I]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 19 May 2003, 10:32 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

I don't think any of my mods have added any weight, in fact, my car now is 50 lbs lighter since I took out those two 25lbs intake silencers, besides, if I wanted to keep the car stock, I would of bought something else.[8]
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 19 May 2003, 11:19 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by turbomangt

I was on my way to my first car show of the year, (weather was nice, sunny and 70*) I had ZZ top on the deck, my car was detailed out, I was feeling good. At the light, I had a Subaru pull next to me, and we had an open road ahead of us. Ok, lets play I thought. I didn't have a chance, he had me by 4 cars by the time I shifted to second gear. So I gave in to defeat. It was model with that big hood scoop in the front. Oh well, I better look start looking for more HP under my hood/ [V]turbomangt 2003 Turbo
Yep I guess if we want to beat those WRX's we'd better spend some more $$$. [8)]
Of course that WRX owner is doing the same because he got blown away by the SRT-4, and the SRT-4 owner is doing the same because he got thrashed by someone who has the $$ to buy real horsepower! The PT is a great little car, unfortunately it ain't no world beater in any guise that you care to put on the road. While I'm going try to get mine as close as I can to magical 300 hp, I know there are guys out there that will spit me out their tailpipe in no time flat. But I don't think I'm going to try too hard at finding them cause the most discouraging thing about owning a fast car is finding out its not fast enough. Its either accept it, or dig deep to squeeze out more hp sauce - of course the guy who beat you is doing the same thing cause he got beat etc etc. So I feel for ya turbomangt - [^]but here's to the guy with the deepest pockets!
Old 20 May 2003, 12:54 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

Oft the line they are hard to beat because of the AWD. Fact though is that you can beat it with no problem if you where running about 15psi of boost.

A stock SRT will beat a wrx with a full exhaust. I have driven many wrx and I strongly beleive this to be true. The SRT runs more boost than the GT so raise it up!

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 20 May 2003, 01:07 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Don't sound so dissapointed, setup not overall HP is the key to quickness. Your car may only be about 200# heavier (that Subaru 4WD setup aint light either). The factory word converted from metrics is 3000 # or slightly more for the WRX.

WEIGHT - If you are really cruising for action... pop out the rear seats and the spare....END OF WEIGHT PROBLEM!

TRACTION - I didn't see any upsize in your tire, and if you still have the original rags that come with your car you are in for a real treat on traction and handling (Yokahamas seem to be the favored tire now).

RIDE HEIGHT - No lowering springs? Firmer springs and better shocks keep your tires in contact with the pavement (mucho importante),
AND you may notice that we PT owners push a lot of air(wind resistance) lowering makes another contribution here

POWER UPGRADES - (STAGE I)the new chip and injectors will be worth about 20 HP, you would be suprised how much difference that much push can make.
Old 20 May 2003, 04:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

when is the stage 1 coming out?? I haven't heard anything yet..