Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
I want a Hi Performance horn...almost squished

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 May 2003, 05:27 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default I want a Hi Performance horn...almost squished

I was driving to work this AM on the freeway and was about squished between a bus coming onto the freeway and a big rig on my left. The bus just kept coming over and forcing me into the truck beside me and apprently couldn't hear my wimpy horn or something. I had to slam on my brakes on the freeway to avoid becoming the meat in a metal sandwich.

Since this morning I have been wondering if there is anything that is loud like a big rig horn that would get peoples' attention when it went off that I could put on my car. I have condsidered adding the second horn but I am not sure how much louder that would be. I know there are some aftermarket euro type horns that are pretty loud but nothing gets your attnetion like one of those big truck horns. When they go off, EVERYONE looks around.

Any thoughts?
Old 19 May 2003, 06:17 pm
Cool Cruiser

How about an Airhorn attached to the roof? Done right it could look pretty cool!

I don't know if anything is louder than a good airhorn, maybe there's a model that will mount under the hood of the PT?
Old 23 May 2003, 09:22 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Cal Cruzer

I was driving to work this AM on the freeway and was about squished between a bus coming onto the freeway and a big rig on my left. The bus just kept coming over and forcing me into the truck beside me and apprently couldn't hear my wimpy horn or something. I had to slam on my brakes on the freeway to avoid becoming the meat in a metal sandwich.

Since this morning I have been wondering if there is anything that is loud like a big rig horn that would get peoples' attention when it went off that I could put on my car. I have condsidered adding the second horn but I am not sure how much louder that would be. I know there are some aftermarket euro type horns that are pretty loud but nothing gets your attnetion like one of those big truck horns. When they go off, EVERYONE looks around.
Any thoughts?
I'm with you, I can fart louder than the GT's horn. I'm thinking about a Viper horn or a Ricer car horn, maybe a Neon's, but I haven't heard one yet. D-C is such a cheap bunch of B*stards, to me the lack of a loud horn is a safety issue- hell, this isn't NY City.

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 23 May 2003, 10:45 am
Cool Cruiser

I went with a set of Hella Horns 70 bucks and my service guy mounted them right behind the grill, above the bumper. here's the link
http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....2520&SKU=77573
also I saw these New Big Blast Horns Part no# TH244 in their catalog not at the site yet (link) http://www.calcarcover.com/default.asp