Advertisements
WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2003, 01:55 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to AJ
Default WORST BUYING EXPERIENCE I EVER HAD

I'm live in NY (Long Island)

I bought my turbo 4/24 from Ferman of Port Richey, Florida. It was the WORST BUYING of my life. The price was agreed upon with Carl Alvarez, Sales Manager on the previous night with the understanding that I would be there by noon of the 24th and that I expected the car to be prepped and ready to go. I had even contacted my insurance company and all they needed was the VIN # to fax me an FS-1. I was planning to load up the new PT, put my family in it and drive home almost straight from the dealer.

Due to traffic and my three year old, I didn't get to Ferman's until nearly 2 PM. (I was coming from Port Charlotte and I called Alvarez at noon to tell him I was running late, got his voicemail, left him a message. He never returned the call....,he later told me that he was too busy. (I walked into the dealership, the tumbleweed were rolling, they were so busy)).

When I got there, I discovered:

1. that they hadn't even dug the car out of where it had been parked!
2. They discovered when I got there that they didn't have the second key.
3. They didn't have the electronic key fobs.

I'm given the draft write up of our deal. The numbers weren't the same as we had discussed the previous day. Alvarez argues with me, I have to show him he's calculating the NYS and Nassau county sales tax wrong. Then I see he's adding wrong and he argues that he'll check it later. You know, a real calculator would do wonders for some people. I'm sitting on my hands for another 1/2 hour , waiting for the wheels to roll. I get the VIN (finally) and get on the phone to get my insurance company to fax me a new insurance card.

All of this was known by 3:30PM.

The only request of the extras that I wanted off of my 2001 PT that I was trading in was that I wanted to switch off the customized taillights and my locking lug nuts. I left them my customized grille, my new amplifier and speakers, my strut-tower bar. While I was waiting for the finance guy to free up, I even went out to the service dept. with Kurt, the salesman I was handed off to, to find the tools needed and to switch the pieces. I had told 2 salesmen what I needed, a long thin flat bladed screwdriver and a lug wrench, and they all had the same huge screwdrivers that they use to remove license plates.

When we got to the service dept, I had to argue with a service worker over what kind of screwdriver was needed. He tried a torx screwdriver over my protests, he wanted to use a wide head (X) screwdriver which I also told him wouldn't work. Of course, why should I know the correct tool needed? I've only remove these lights 3 times to change the bulbs and to apply and adjust the chrome trim! He finally removed the locking lug nuts while I was there. I told him that they needed a hollow bored allen wrench or something similar to remove the security screws on my license plates.

It's now after 4 PM, they tell me the service dept closes at 5, big deal , they only need 5 minutes to remove the plates.

Going inside, the financing guy is finally free. He gives me the schpiel about extended warranties, road hazard warranties. Alvarez pops his head in to say he's leaving for the night, (I'm assuming everything is going right with the new car.)I have Kurt paged to make sure the plates are off. The financing takes freaking forever.

It's like 6 PM , we're done. Now the fun really starts.

a. they can't find the second key
b. they can't find the electronic fobs

THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT IS NOW CLOSED AND THERE's NO WAY A NEW KEY CAN BE CUT AND THERE'S NO ONE AVAILABLE TO EVEN RECODE A TRANSMITTER FROM ANOTHER CAR.

They want to send me on my way and promise to mail me the key and transmitters.

c. NOBODY TOOK OFF MY PLATES AND NO ONE HAS THE TOOLS NECESSARY.
d. THE CAR IS SO BADLY DETAILED THAT MY 3 YEAR COULD HAVE DONE IT BETTER.

I'm then treated to an hour and a half of another manager getting Alvarez on the phone and calling the service guy and getting in the face of the detailing department so that I can hear a great case o
Old 28 May 2003, 02:19 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the forum, but, sorry to hear about your incredibly BAD buying experience.[V] Nobody should have to go through what you did to buy a new car. In addition to sending your completed survey in to DC I recommend you write a specific letter to DC with a copy to the BBB. The dealer you purchased the car from needs to be held accountable for his unprofessional conduct [}] and extremely poor sales/service performance.[|)]

Good luck.
Old 28 May 2003, 02:30 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

you gave them your amp?
I woulda pulled it and left a big frickin hole. Had to turn mine in with custom fascia and gril. the strut bar I left b/c it wouldn't fit and prolly couldn't get it off. I pulled my system and re installed stock.
Next time I'll get a G35 coupe

I'm sorry bout your experience. It gives me chest pain reading about it...and certainly leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
Hard to enjoy a car after you've been dealer raped on consideration.[xx(]

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 28 May 2003, 06:59 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

yep, my '01 went in with a full body kit, full suspension, custom seats and interior, full dual exhaust, tail lights, grille, and about 5 autometer gauges....the only thing i took off was my 18" rims, and i need spacers to put them on the GT !!! WTF!![xx(]
Old 28 May 2003, 10:38 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

hey cop tzer, had the same thing. tried to mount my mille miglia Evo5's and they don't fit in front. frickin calipers. Called Tirerack b/c they say that you can get this wheel for the GT. Told them it didn't fit. Said "oh, the offset must be different". So they checked and it was exactly the same wheel. Heh, guy says he will have it removed from the option list for the GT

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 29 May 2003, 10:52 am
Cool Cruiser

Gee, we didn't suffer like that, all they did was lose our GT. We tracked it all the way to the rail head in San Antonio, Texas then the car disappeared. They finally found it four days later in Dallas, Texas when it was supposed to go to Austin, seems they put it on the wrong truck. Two more days to get it trucked back to Austin. When we got there to pick it up, the car was washed, waxed, full tank of fuel, and we paid $100 over invoice. All in all, not a bad experience.

Mike
Old 29 May 2003, 08:43 pm
Young Cruiser

ooof - they suck.
To think I wasn't happy with a 30 min. wait to finish the gassing/detailing ( which admittedly wasn't first rate - my local car wash does a better job for $12) and a missing valve stem cap (noticed when I got home). All told, I spent only an hour and a half at the dealer. Not bad - but if the car had been prepped, I'd a been outta there in 30 minutes.
Re the rebate - maybe it's different state to state, but our incentive in CA was $1000 match - and THAT started in April and was extended through May. Definately check on it.
So far the only problems I found - at startup (cold), the temp idiot light has lit up and stayed on until I shut down and restarted. The air bag light also stayed on and wouldn't go off until I shut down for 20 monutes. Anyone else with these problems?
tezz
Black 03 PT/GT - Autostick,Stage 1, Mopar BOV, DC rear sway, K&N filter/white baffle out, Magnaflow cat back, Eibach springs, billet strut bar, AMX CAI,3bagged UCP, Euro tail lenses, Revell shifter, misc. do-dads
Old 30 May 2003, 11:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

AJ buddy, im originaly from the bronx my self. You should have gotten some of those mafioso (mafia) guys in brookly to hook you up with some cement shoes. IM sure that would have put the fear of god in the dealer.

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 01 Jun 2003, 01:54 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Sorry for your pain. Thanks for sharing.[:0]
Old 01 Jun 2003, 02:18 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Jeff V

Sorry for your pain. Thanks for sharing.[:0]
off topic but...
He's(JV)alive....
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer