Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Need feedback from previous Limited Cruiser owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2003, 12:17 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Need feedback from previous Limited Cruiser owners

I have a 2002 Limited Cruiser (automatic trans.) and I'm thinking about trading it in for a Turbo model (also automatic).

I know there's a big difference in power, 65 extra horses, on paper. But in real life driving, how much noticeable is the extra power?

Is it really noticeable when starting from 0 mph (stop sign or red light?) or do you have to wait until the rpms reach a certain level?

What about passing power? On my limited edition, I floor the gas pedal and there's literally about 1 second lag before the car takes off and I hate that. It could be dangerous if you don't time it right.

Does that happen with the Turbo?

Any other comparisons between the "regular" Cruisers and the new Turbo would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 29 May 2003, 12:34 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the GT Turbo Forum.[^]

Although I'm a 5-speed owner, I have read numerous posts from those with the Turbo AutoStick--they all seem to love this automatic trans and it appears to have plenty of "ZIP"![8)][8)][8)] I'm sure you will receive some good info/feedback from owners on this forum.
Old 29 May 2003, 12:38 am
Fanatic Cruiser

very notcieable and all the time. Stop go, accelrate onto the highway etc...reg driving all benefits from the extra oomph. Took a hit on the trade, but it was worth it.
I had a 2001 LE with Air raid, 5spd with hurst shifter and that is a dog compared to the gt. there is a ton of power and accessible instantaneously. you really have to drive one to appreciate the diff. I have a 5-spd now

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 29 May 2003, 09:41 am
Cool Cruiser

Had an 01 LE traded it in on my GT, it's like night and day! Both Automatics next to no lag whatsoever on the Turbo, punch it and it's there!!
Old 29 May 2003, 01:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

I, too, had an '01 LE that I traded in for my GT.

How does 2 seconds faster in the 1/8 mile sound for power?

LE Auto: 11.608 best
GT Auto: 9.525 best

There is really no comparison. No delays or hesitation when you floor it, it just GOES! From a standing start, just flooring it will produce prodigeous wheel spin! Add a boost controller with a cold air intake and custom exhaust, then watch out!

BTW, you don't want to be flooring it while turning from a standing start unless you have a VERY FIRM GRIP on the steering wheel!

Stage I, custom 3\" exhaust & Cowl Intake, Mopar BOV, Dual gauge pod w/vac-boost & A/F meters, Hood Struts, Yokohama ES-100\'s
Best 1/4 so far: 14.489 @ 93.65, best 1/8: 9.222 @ 74.261
Old 29 May 2003, 01:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PK Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PT-Dave

BTW, you don't want to be flooring it while turning from a standing start unless you have a VERY FIRM GRIP on the steering wheel!
Yeah...learned that real quick...going from a rear wheel drive Mustang Cobra to my PT took a little adjusting...

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 29 May 2003, 01:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for the responses.

I went to one of the Chrysler's "Art of Driving" events last year and I got to drive a Turbo model. But that test drive didn't tell me much because the course was very small with cones everywhere and there wasn't really much room to just floor it and feel the extra power. It honestly felt like driving my limited edition Cruiser.

I'm gonna try to go to a dealer and have a real test drive this time.