Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Baffled about my baffles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Oct 2006, 01:46 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Baffled about my baffles

Iput my baffles in my BTG exhaust and it mellowed it down to a nice rumble, recently I noticed it sounded louder, I look at my pipes and the baffles were GONE!!! they must of fell out while I was driving Now what? I'm going to find out if I can install lake pipes with a muffler next. that way I can run straight pipes or tone it down, anyone done this?[:I] gary
Old 31 Oct 2006, 05:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I never had baffles in my BTG exhaust, but I had them in my Bassani duals, and there were setscrews to keep the baffles from coming out - did the BTGs have that?? Glad I wasn't following you when they blew out.....[:0]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 31 Oct 2006, 07:48 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Don. Their were 3 set screws to hold them in place, however I could not find the original ones so I got some at the hardware store and they never did fit right, so I guess the vibration (and their is plenty) jarred them loose, anyway, on another forum they were talking about putting a switch inside the car to go from quiet to loud. I guess if you had the stock exhaust that would work, but how do I go to quiet now? I would have to put in a muffler right?> is this possible? HELP.
www.ptcruiserlinks.com/garys-cleaning-tips
Old 01 Nov 2006, 09:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by turbomangt

Don. Their were 3 set screws to hold them in place, however I could not find the original ones so I got some at the hardware store and they never did fit right, so I guess the vibration (and their is plenty) jarred them loose, anyway, on another forum they were talking about putting a switch inside the car to go from quiet to loud. I guess if you had the stock exhaust that would work, but how do I go to quiet now? I would have to put in a muffler right?> is this possible? HELP.
I suspect you can add another resonator/muffler in series - a GOOD exhaust shop should be able to help - if I were you, I'd want it stainless, since everything else is stainless, and if they could weld it in, so much the better. I'd go flow0thru, like the rest of the exhaust. Price that out - might be cheaper to get new baffles & use locktite on the set screws...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 01 Nov 2006, 05:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

locktite for sure !!
Old 02 Nov 2006, 05:00 am
Cool Cruiser

Or try turning up the bass to drown out the drone.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 03 Nov 2006, 04:04 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by strangelove

Or try turning up the bass to drown out the drone.
This looks like an excuse for a kick-bass subwoofer.
Join the SEMA Action Network
http://www.semasan.com
Old 03 Nov 2006, 04:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yeah, I think your muffler was trying to tell you something. It was saying get this baffle outta here and turn up the music man
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator