Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hello all!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jun 2003, 02:57 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Hello all!

Hi everyone! My wife and I are the proud new owners of a Patriot Blue GT! With the deals out there we decided it was time to go shopping ... I looked over these boards before buying, as well as doing a lot of other research (including Consumer Reports, which recommends the car), and decided that this car had the features we wanted - flexibility, price, and someplace for my long 37" inseam legs - I'm 6'7" - topped off with a 5'2" wife to please.

We went with the Turbo because of the complaints I've heard about the lack of power from the base engine. We're not racers (we opted for the Autostick) but we wanted something with enough get up and go to get onto the crazy New England highways from the usually-too-short offramps without being run over. We traded in our 1992 Subaru SVX (and got a decent amount since it only had 57K miles on it, bought 2 years ago with 32k), and didn't want to miss the horsepower too much.

So far our friends' reaction to the car is positive - I brought it home before our Saturday BBQ, and gave the tour of the car like 6 times. Wound up putting 250 miles on it yesterday - took dad-in-law home from the hospital in the Lakes Region, a 75 minute drive away, to his house on the other side of Winnepesaukee, then gave a lift from Manchester Airport to a guy flying in for my wife's workplace. Whew! But the PT came through for me comfort wise, did all that driving and not one cramp or sore spot, a problem for me in other cars.

I'm surprised that I don't see more PT's - turbo or otherwise - around here, perhaps this is an automotively conservative area (though I've never seen as many vintage cars per capita as I have in NH). Anyone else here from New England? Looking forward to finding out how it handles in our wonderful winter weather.

Okay, enough rambling. See ya on the lists!
Old 02 Jun 2003, 03:34 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

welcome!

Ian
Old 02 Jun 2003, 04:01 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Welcome to the only GT Turbo Forum on the Internet.[|)] Enjoy your new ride. [8)]
Old 02 Jun 2003, 04:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

Welcome, PTGT-NH!

I'm from CT myself, down here in lower New England . I'm also surprised that I've only seen 1 or 2 other turbo PTs since getting mine at the end of March. Guess people don't realize what a comfortable and peppy car it is!

If you put 250 miles on it the other day then you're almost past the breakin period! Get ready for some serious fun then!
Old 02 Jun 2003, 06:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Whew! 6'7" Now that's a tall drink o' water[|)]
Soon you'll be doing this[8)] in your GT [?]
Welcome![^]
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer
Old 02 Jun 2003, 06:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PK Cruiser

welcome...you'll love it here...

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 02 Jun 2003, 10:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

welcome i have now had my gt for 3weeks and 3 days now have about 500 miles on it AND I LOVE IT !!!![8D]had a couple of other pt's they were a blast also but this is what the pt should have been from the start[8)]all i can say is enjoy and welcome to a great group of people.....HAPPY CRUSIN.............[?]
Old 03 Jun 2003, 07:59 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

Welcome to the club!

I suggest you dont do any mods, like a tattoo, it will become addicting.

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 03 Jun 2003, 10:43 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PK Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exhaust Depot

I suggest you dont do any mods, like a tattoo, it will become addicting.
That couldn't be more true...lol...

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 03 Jun 2003, 11:01 pm
Cool Cruiser

Austin, Texas, here. Welcome, ya'll. Stop by for a tall cool one some day.

Mike