PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Is the K&N filter box the best you can get?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Mar 2007, 10:54 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Is the K&N filter box the best you can get?

Just bought my first PT, its a 2003GT, and I want to start upgrading the engine. Is the K&N filter box about the best option for a cold air intake? Just would like some input before I start spending money. Any info about preformance parts would be appreciated. Thanks ryeguy
Old 14 Mar 2007, 10:58 am
Fresh Cruiser

The cold air intake Im looking at is the K&N Fuel injection preformance kit. Is it worth the cash or should I use something else?
Old 14 Mar 2007, 12:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome.
I have the K&N FIPK on my turbo, and I love it, but I think an even better intake is the K&N Apollo, which is truly sealed and sucks in only cold air from the fender hole.
I sent you an email...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 14 Mar 2007, 03:56 pm
Young Cruiser

Yet another option, which is even cheaper, is to put a K&N dropin filter into your stock airbox. Then remove the white donut from the lid of your airbox, trim the snorkel i the bottom, and add a hard turbo to airbox pipe, either AMX's or the VAK pipe. Works as good or better (and it's been tested) than ANY so called cold air kit on the market.

How come "The People" in the First Amendment means The People; "the People" in the Fourth Amendment means The People; but "the People" in the Second Amendment (ratified in 1791) means the National Guard (created by an Act of Congress in 1903)?
Old 15 Mar 2007, 03:21 am
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bababooie

Yet another option, which is even cheaper, is to put a K&N dropin filter into your stock airbox. Then remove the white donut from the lid of your airbox, trim the snorkel i the bottom, and add a hard turbo to airbox pipe, either AMX's or the VAK pipe. Works as good or better (and it's been tested) than ANY so called cold air kit on the market.
Totally agree baba. [?]

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 17 Mar 2007, 12:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the input cant wait to get the K&N installed. Also bought new plugs (NKG iridum) and wires 9mm and a plastic intake, and a few cosmedic upgrades only had the car a few days and love it. Sure I will be posting agian.[?]