Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
mopar BOV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Mar 2007, 12:31 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default mopar BOV

Hello all, I just got a mopar blue BOV conversion kit and installed it myself, I now know why the 3rd bolt really sux....[xx(], but I finally got it on. I took it for a test drive when I was done and noticed that when I hit about 2000rpms I hear a sound like a police siren it starts out low and the faster I go the louder it gets, when I release the gas pedal at high rpms I hear the PSSST sound but it sounds the same as my stock BOV. I made sure that I installed it properly like the diagram but the only thing I can think of is I might not have torqed the bolts ALL the way down. Can somewon shed some light on this situation and is this what its suppose to do?
thanks
Turbo Nate
Old 23 Mar 2007, 05:15 am
Young Cruiser

Sounds like you might have put it in upside down the cirlce hole in middle should face the diaphram.
Old 23 Mar 2007, 10:17 am
Fresh Cruiser

I put it in just like the diagram said, the cresent shape hole is lined up with the cresent shape on the turbo and the hole in the center is facing the surge valve or its facing toward the front of the vehicle. Im starting to hear the differance in the sound now, it sounds more like a WHOOST but more aggressive, although im still trying to figure out why it makes a high pitched sound and the faster I go the louder it gets, is this normal? or what could this be?
Old 23 Mar 2007, 10:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Well, I figured out what the problem was, That 3rd bolt on the passenger side wasnt tight enough so I went out and bought a small socket wrench with a 1/4 head and it was so easy to tighten that third bolt, the key to getting that third bolt is take a hammer and hold the head and put the rubber end on that silver hose thats in the way and push it out of the way and hold it and with the other hand use the socket wrench, it made the job much easier......thanks
Old 01 Apr 2007, 12:32 am
Young Cruiser

Glad you figured it out buddy [^]