Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Turbo dress up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jun 2003, 09:20 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Turbo dress up

Coupe of things, first, the colored wires or hoses you can put under your hood, are they sold as a replacement or do they wrap around the exsisting wires/hoses. I saw somwe wrap arounds at auto zone last week. wasn't sure if that was the way to go. I also noticed that many of the venders are NOT making engine dress up assessories yet. I don't know what they are waiting for. The car has been out now for a while. [xx(]
Old 06 Jun 2003, 03:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

There are two types of these cover-ups the hard plastic similar to stock but in colors can be purchased locally or JCWhitney. Another option is silicon which can be slit or replace some stuff . Place these can be purchased is www.hosetechniques.com. As far as other dressup most stuff can be purchased where na cruiser stuff can be purchased...by this I mean chrome caps ,etc as they are the same.
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 06 Jun 2003, 05:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Gary,

I picked up the chrome wrap-arounds from Auto Zone. The other chrome parts were from different PT accessory dealers. Most of them, I think would probably fit the turbo. Take a look at:

www.milehighpts.com
www.pt-tuning.com
www.mgwltd.com/pt_cruiser.html
www.ptcruiserparts.com

Old 07 Jun 2003, 12:53 am
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to spicy pt

I also purchased the wrap around wire loom in chrome. It's kind of a pain to put on, but at least dresses up the look a bit. I also used heat-resistant pain and painted all my caps in orange with red lettering. Painted the "2.4L TURBO" letters orange also. Hey, paint is cheap and at least gives it some under-the-hood show.

\'03 DreamCruiser #1040, too many interior and exterior chrome accents to list, orange/white underbody neons, SPICY PT 3BL and plate
Old 08 Jun 2003, 12:09 am
Fanatic Cruiser

I just painted as much as I could. Still debating on chrome loomz and stuff cause theres some much plumbing and wires it'll just look messy. Got hood struts..that's a great investment.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 08 Jun 2003, 01:25 am
Dedicated Cruiser

PTGT Redman: Looking good.[|)] What type of paint did you use? Was it Mopar Inferno Red that is sold in the small tube?
Old 08 Jun 2003, 10:42 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ZZCruzr

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTGT Redman

I just painted as much as I could. Still debating on chrome loomz and stuff cause theres some much plumbing and wires it'll just look messy. Got hood struts..that's a great investment.

How did you get rid off the ugly yellow fluid caps? I notice yours are red. Was that painted? What's the paint you used? Thanks!
Black Clearcoat 2003 Turbo GT w/gray leather interior...rear splash guards, stainless door sills, air bag decals, red painted brake calipers, BTG duals, AMX cold air intake, Blaine hood struts, ZZcruZr third brake light diffuser, AutoVation pedals, MoMo F16 Evo red gearshift.
Old 08 Jun 2003, 12:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I painted all the caps. Actually use plasticote car paints. Wasn't an exact mtach but pretty damn close. Think paint # was 9100. It's a DC red color. Holds up well. Painted my calipers red with caliper spray paint. Just masked off the area.

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 08 Jun 2003, 12:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Looking real[|)] good
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 09 Jun 2003, 07:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot

Redman, try using high temp paints. Our turbo cars run alot hotter than the N/A.

Hopefully the paint wont crack.

Looks nice!

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.