Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Mopar Stage One kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jun 2003, 10:45 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Mopar Stage One kit

The dealership formerly known as Forum Dodge (Fenton now?) is selling them for $326 plus UPS shipping.

Check them out.

Mike

Old 06 Jun 2003, 08:48 pm
Young Cruiser

Mike, Do you have any contact info for Forum Dodge (Fenton now?)?? City and State would also be helpful. Thanks,
Old 06 Jun 2003, 11:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Fenton Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge
15123 North Road
Fenton, MIÊ 48430
810-714-3300
810-714-5013 FAX
Old 07 Jun 2003, 02:22 am
Senior Cruiser

Has anyone figured out if the stage one voids my 7/70 warranty? I don't mind that the parts have no warranty but not willing to void the other engine parts warranty! Also is the stage 1 Ok for street use. Last thing I read was not for pollution controlled cars!! I thought the idea was for stage 1 and 2 to be streetable and only stage 3 at over 300 HP was for competition only!!
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 07 Jun 2003, 11:14 am
Young Cruiser

Thanks Mike,

SteelBlueGT,
There has been a lot of in-depth dissertations written about this in the last few days here and on the SRT-4 forum but this should give you a basic understanding. With all performance added parts if Mopar or another company, if the cause of the failure can be linked back to the performance part then the warranty will not be honored. As far as not for pollution controlled cars, my guess is that this gets DC out of the situation that if you fail emissions then it is your problem. PVO is giving us the performance parts but saying if you use them on the street it will violate federal law and possibly void warranty repairs. Now a lot of the warranty repair work depends on the dealer. Some will look for any excuse to not pay for a repair. I had a 95 Impala SS that had tons of mods and my dealer never had a problem with warranty work. I have not had to use my warranty on my PT yet but I have made several modifications that my cause some questions at my dealer. To my advantage I am friends with several of the service guys, so I hope this will help if a warranty repair is needed. HTH
Old 07 Jun 2003, 12:29 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have to agree with PT GT. I have a highly modded Neon R/T and my service writer at my Chrysler knows this and I have had many repairs done under the 5 year 60,000 warranty. One day he wasn't there and another service writer popped the hood and replied, "This engine is modified, we will have to charge you a $75.00 diagnostic fee." I asked him to shut the hood and that I would come back when Doug was there. Also about this Mopar Stage One upgrade. I'll have an answer for that early next week, my service writer is gonna ask the Chrysler Area Rep when he comes in on Monday or Tuesday.

Mike
Old 07 Jun 2003, 12:37 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

with the stage one up grade whats the horsepower go up to?? 300 i think i had heard
Old 07 Jun 2003, 12:57 pm
Young Cruiser

Stage 1
235 HP
260 Ft. Lbs

I think 300 hp is the stage 3.

This site will give you a little info.
http://www.mopar.com/perf_pt_turbo.html
Old 07 Jun 2003, 01:03 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Guys,

Below is a statement from Chrysler about performance parts. It was posted by a person who's been around a long time and is known for his outstanding work on turbo and supercharged PT's. A lot of his work involves taking the stock performance and non-performance parts and making them work better thru engineering and fabrication.
--------------------------------
Mopar Performance Parts Warranty

Mopar Performance Parts are sold "as is," without any warranty whatsoever. Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded. The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition or if they fail as a result of modification.

That last one is the real killer!

...."you didn't really think that Chrysler was going to give you 275 to 300 HP from your 4 banger, ..... and STILL honor the warranty, ... now did you?!"
------------------------------------

Just thought I'd pass that along.

Old 07 Jun 2003, 02:12 pm
Senior Cruiser

Sorry, but yes I was hoping for 25 to 50 hp and a warranty on the parts not modified Yes I was! Silly???
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.