Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Jun 2003, 07:17 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Warranty

This WARRANTY ISSUE is such an insane confrontation. Anyone that thinks that Chrysler warrants their own automobiles is nieve! Your Warranty is an insurance pollicy underwritten by unnamed sources. You purchase it as part of the original automobile purchase price.

This insurance pollicy has an origination price.
To "upgrade" the coverage, all that needs to be done is to set the parameters and let the bean counters figure the new price.

WHY CAN'T MOPAR OFFER A WARRANTY "UPGRADE" WITH THE PARTS?

ANSWER: THIS WOULD TAKE TIME AND EFFORT.
IT WOULD ALSO SHOW A DOLLAR AMMOUNT ON WARRANTY THAT THE
COMPETITION IS WILLING TO GIVE WHEN THEY ARE NOT.

It just goes to show the shallowness of DC's support of the Performance group.
Old 08 Jun 2003, 07:32 pm
Young Cruiser

Holy Warranty posts batman! (Not picking on you Kirby) but maybe we need a "Warranty Section". So people looking for "Turbo Performance" can find what their looking for.

-=Matt=-
Old 08 Jun 2003, 11:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to tthrift

this mess. is for kirby and thoses of you that think like him. mopar performance was always for the die hard racer ie. drag cars with big v8's and those guys did break parts every weekend.

thats why there is no warranty on performance parts. the new mopar has just entered the so call "tuner car market" where guys like you and me have a turbo daily driver and would like a little more power, however we do not entend to race or abuse these cars.

so when someone from the DC takes their time to read and post on a forum they should not be abused like she has been from some of you guys.

i have had some conversations with her on the phone about these problems and conserns, and trust me she is doing everything she can do to rewrite the old ways of of CHRYSLER even be for there was a DAIMLER in the picture.

as far as some of the smaller and unadvises dealerships out there that told you guys the line (your warr. will be voided by installing the kit) i'm sorry , at my dealership we look for ways to take care of our customers and help them thru their problems and not just looking for reasons to void warr. or just send you away mad.

LAST THING I ASK IS JUST DON'T LOOSE HOPE IN DC, THINGS CAN ALWAYS BE CHANGED.
Old 09 Jun 2003, 12:16 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Steve03GT

I hate to use the "F" word, "FORD"; however, their SVT parts do not void the Mustang's factory warranties! I bought a MOPAR SBEC for my Dakota and it did NOT void any of my warranty, so why is this MOPAR pkg. any different unless Chrysler is selling a product causing a likely failure?

\'02 Corvette (510 RWHP/510 TQ)
Member of 11sec. club &
NRA Benefactor Member
Old 09 Jun 2003, 12:53 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Famous quotes:

"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain"
"It'll never fly Orville"

In other news:

Mopar Performance Parts Warranty

Mopar Performance Parts are sold "as is",without any warranty whatsoever . Implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded.
The entire risk as to quality and performance of such parts is with the buyer. Should such parts prove defective following their purchase, the buyer and not the manufacturer, distributor or retailer, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

Chrysler, Dodge, and JeepĀ® vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition or if they fail as a result of modification.

Notice

Federal and many state laws prohibit the removal, modification or rendering inoperative of any part or element of design affecting emissions of safety on motor vehicles used for transporting persons or property on a street or highway. Violation may result in a fine of up to $27,500 per vehicle.Mechanical and/or electronic performance parts cannot be use used on vehicles used on the streets or highways . These parts may be used only on vehicles used solely in sanctioned off-highway events. No other applications are intended or implied.

Note - California Only

The emission laws and regulations of the state of California apply to all non-racing vehicles. Consequently, when indicated and appropriately marked on their packaging may legally be used in California only on a racing vehicle which will never be operated on public roads.

Prices

Retail prices are set by the individual selling dealer or the speed shops carrying the Mopar Performance Parts line of products. All prices are subject to change without notice.

Parts Ordering and Inquiries

The parts published on this website may be ordered from authorized Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships or the speed shops carrying the Mopar Performance Pares line of products. When a part ordered has been superseded, the replacing part will be shipped automatically. The price of the replacing part may differ from the ordered part.

All product illustrations are based on authorized information. Although all descriptions are believed correct at time of publication approval, accuracy cannot be guaranteed. Mopar Performance Parts reserves the right to make changes from time to tie without notice or obligation in prices specification, materials and to change or discontinue models.
================================================== =====

This "warranty" specifically says the parts are for competition only (These parts may be used only on vehicles used solely in sanctioned off-highway events). Then it specifically states the Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicle and parts warranties are voided if the vehicle or parts are used for competition or if they fail as a result of modification.

If ever there was a textbook paradox, or a description of Catch 22 was entered into Websters, the paragraph above would most likely be referenced as an example.

Bottom Line: Chrysler and Mopar provide the Mopar Performance Upgrade for sanctioned off-road events only. However, anyone using the upgrade for it's designed purpose (Competition) also relinquished their warranty.

I personally don't believe this is what they intended for the Dueling Disclaimers to convey. I don't think that they were that short-sighted to create a disclaimer series so powerful as to eliminate the market the product was designed for. However, that is exactly what they did.

And I am incorrect in pointing this out? Speaking the english language is somehow being "rude" when I point this out? I like my Cruiser, and I am partial to Mopar products; always have been. But, that doesn't mean that I will allow my affection to over-rule my common sense.

It is not too late to get this mess corrected and generate
Old 09 Jun 2003, 10:52 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tthrift

this mess. is for kirby and thoses of you that think like him. mopar performance was always for the die hard racer ie. drag cars with big v8's and those guys did break parts every weekend.

thats why there is no warranty on performance parts. the new mopar has just entered the so call "tuner car market" where guys like you and me have a turbo daily driver and would like a little more power, however we do not entend to race or abuse these cars.

so when someone from the DC takes their time to read and post on a forum they should not be abused like she has been from some of you guys.

i have had some conversations with her on the phone about these problems and conserns, and trust me she is doing everything she can do to rewrite the old ways of of CHRYSLER even be for there was a DAIMLER in the picture.

as far as some of the smaller and unadvises dealerships out there that told you guys the line (your warr. will be voided by installing the kit) i'm sorry , at my dealership we look for ways to take care of our customers and help them thru their problems and not just looking for reasons to void warr. or just send you away mad.

LAST THING I ASK IS JUST DON'T LOOSE HOPE IN DC, THINGS CAN ALWAYS BE CHANGED.
THIS MESS?
Today is today, not the 60s , or what MOPAR has always done. As You can see, a lot of us are frustrated by the fact that we were led to believe that Chrysler or MOPAR or DC would have mod parts for the masses.
20 horsepower? for drag racers? I am sure that every enthusiast that would add the extra horses would press the pedal down to see if it is real, but I (and I am guessing now), like others, have no intention of doing anything to try to break my daily driver.
What we were led to believe is that some modest upgrades would be available, lead up, fanfare, then the suprise....turn over your warranty if you want the kit, and oh by the way if you live in California you are on your own for emissions.

I live less than a mile from the Saleen facility where they wring unbelievable horsepower out of that Ford V8, and somehow when a new Saleen Mustang rolls out of their facility they have 1) a warranty and 2) pass California Smog regulations!

This mess was caused by a lack of 1) thinking: about what exists out there in the real world TODAY 2)planning: what needs will a potential buyer have, and how do we release them in a sensible cogent manner 3)Management Support: it is heartbreakingly obvious that the hard working and enthusiastic people in the performance division want to compete, but don't have the resources.

Someone in management should be SERIOUSLY embarrased of not allowing the performance folks to have the support to do what the focus groups found before anything was even planned for release. This smacks of the other things like removing sway bars, horns, cargo nets(that one really gets me; it must cost at least $5 to put that cargo net in).
Old 09 Jun 2003, 05:53 pm
Senior Cruiser

Jeez really. It is like DC does not have an slightest idea about what is going on in the tuner marketplace or realize how big it is. If they could make a street fighter with aftermaket parts is would not only please us but it would probably attract new young buyers as well and expand their market. Even MBZ continues to warranty MBZ products when they go though the tuner shops, why not us?
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come