PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Plastic Intake Manifold cracked-boost leak!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 May 2007, 07:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Plastic Intake Manifold cracked-boost leak!

Well I found out why after replacing the MAP sensor there was no performance! There was no visible crack across the manifold, but the main seam on the left side opened up. I found the leak by using bubble leak tester w/ applicator ball. I just spread the liquid along the intake seam, then operated the throttle by hand, and when the boost came up there were bubbles all over the place! I ordered another plastic manifold from Haynes, but if this one acts up I will put the old aluminum manifold back on! At least I feel better knowing what the problem was, and that I can fix it. Saturday I will clean the seam and apply epoxy to hold it until the new manifold comes.
Old 31 May 2007, 03:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Plastic Intake Manifold cracked-boost leak!

Wow, that blows. I would think that if you epoxy the crack and reinforce it with some carbon fiber front and back you would be good to go. No need to buy a new manifold unless Haynes is replacing it for free. If it's a huge crack then forget it.
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator