Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New GT owner.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 May 2007, 02:50 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default New GT owner.

hello, i just bought a 03 GT with 38k miles on it, i like it alot. its pretty peppy, more so then i expected. however my other car is a 350whp awd dsm, and then a 04 r6, soooo, as i expected im going to do some tweaking. anyway, just stopping in to say hi, and thanks for a great forum!
Old 29 May 2007, 04:34 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: New GT owner.

Welcome. I've got friends running 400-500 hp on their PT turbo so have fun tweaking. If it is an autostick you will have to upgrade the auto tranny if you are going past Stage 1 numbers. If it is a 5 speed you will need to upgrade the clutch. Stage 1 is the building block and you just go from there.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 30 May 2007, 01:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

yeah, it is a slush box, only stage 1 number huhs? i was looking at the transmission temps and they really are kinda hot for my liking, i was thinking of putting a larger cooler on it. Also anyone runing water injection on these things? no one seems to make a decent cooler on these things, and that stock turbo is TINY!

one of the questions i did have is has anyone tried to get a dump of the stock vs stage 1 pcm? sure would be nice to find the tables....
Old 31 May 2007, 03:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Enginerunup makes a good water injector, he's pretty much worked out the kinks in that area. Heres a link to his thread on the subject: My water injection pics
03 Black PT GT: BTG Strut Tower Brace, BTG Rear Anti Sway Bar, Psi-Fi Control Arm Bushings, H&R Wheel Spacers, Mopar Stage 2 Coilovers, Yokohama AVS ES100, Stage 1, Uppper Charge Pipe, Mopar Plastc Manifold.
Mods On The Way: AGP Wastegate Actuator
Old 04 Jun 2007, 12:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mealan View Post
yeah, it is a slush box, only stage 1 number huhs? i was looking at the transmission temps and they really are kinda hot for my liking, i was thinking of putting a larger cooler on it. Also anyone runing water injection on these things? no one seems to make a decent cooler on these things, and that stock turbo is TINY!

one of the questions i did have is has anyone tried to get a dump of the stock vs stage 1 pcm? sure would be nice to find the tables....
The code is a very closely guarded secret around DCM. To my knowledge nobody has successfully broken it. The way it is you, can't flash a Stage 0 PCM to Stage 1. Only a company called Flight Systems can create the S1 PCM. You can probably find a used S1 PCM on one of the forums, that is how I got mine, then just sent it to Flight Systems for coding to my car for a few bucks and I was good to go.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come
Old 18 Jun 2007, 06:08 pm
Fresh Cruiser

This guy knows his stuff! Welcome man, when you figure it all out, come make mine faster!!

2003 GT / Bright Silver Metallic / Bought New In 2003 / No Mods

http://www.myspace.com/irishshawneric
Old 19 Jun 2007, 02:17 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

welcome & enjoy !!