Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
New to the Cruiser scene, Throttle Possition sensor problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Aug 2007, 11:09 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default New to the Cruiser scene, Throttle Possition sensor problem

I hope no one minds that I post this here but it is Turbo related. I am new to the Cruiser scene, last mouth I just bought my wife an 03' GT w/autostick.
She's awlays wanted one and we needed something bigger to be moving our son around in. A week after we bought the car the check engine light came on and when the code was pulled it was the throttle possition sensor, I can't remember which one. We bought it from a Dodge dealer that I got a Dakota from back in 04', took it back tothem and they just reset it. The second time it also through a cam sensor code and wouldn't hardly run, this time they replaced both the cam sensor and throttle poisstion sensor, non the less a few days later it came back on, this they replace the PCM, and a few days later it came back on so they replaced they wire harness between the PCM and throttle possition sensor and guess what it came back on. Funny thing is it seems to only come on when my wife is driving on a slit upgrade taking our son to the sitter then if she go's out for lunch it's off.
Now the reason I posted this here was because, the reason I got the GT was for the Turbo and the ability to mod even though it's a family Cruiser. Has anyone ever had this sort of problem, and in the spirit of moding does anyone think that if I put the Stage I on it that it might take care of the problem.
I was even thinking of trying to find a bigger bore thottle body just because a new throttle body from Chrysler would cost a few hundred and if I'm going to spend the money I may as well go for a bigger bore. Also thinking of CAI,
would that be a problem with the Stage I kit or I just have to let them know that I have or I'm getting one when I order the Stage I.
All comments welcome place help, and thanks in advance to all.
Old 14 Aug 2007, 12:02 pm
Young Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to apexanimal
Default Re: New to the Cruiser scene, Throttle Possition sensor problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahdawg View Post
I hope no one minds that I post this here but it is Turbo related. I am new to the Cruiser scene, last mouth I just bought my wife an 03' GT w/autostick.
She's awlays wanted one and we needed something bigger to be moving our son around in. A week after we bought the car the check engine light came on and when the code was pulled it was the throttle possition sensor, I can't remember which one. We bought it from a Dodge dealer that I got a Dakota from back in 04', took it back tothem and they just reset it. The second time it also through a cam sensor code and wouldn't hardly run, this time they replaced both the cam sensor and throttle poisstion sensor, non the less a few days later it came back on, this they replace the PCM, and a few days later it came back on so they replaced they wire harness between the PCM and throttle possition sensor and guess what it came back on. Funny thing is it seems to only come on when my wife is driving on a slit upgrade taking our son to the sitter then if she go's out for lunch it's off.
Now the reason I posted this here was because, the reason I got the GT was for the Turbo and the ability to mod even though it's a family Cruiser. Has anyone ever had this sort of problem, and in the spirit of moding does anyone think that if I put the Stage I on it that it might take care of the problem.
I was even thinking of trying to find a bigger bore thottle body just because a new throttle body from Chrysler would cost a few hundred and if I'm going to spend the money I may as well go for a bigger bore. Also thinking of CAI,
would that be a problem with the Stage I kit or I just have to let them know that I have or I'm getting one when I order the Stage I.
All comments welcome place help, and thanks in advance to all.
well first off... if they already replaced the sensor and the pcm i'm not sure what to say... except maybe do it yourself just to make sure it's done right.

i'm not sure if stage 1 would fix that problem... but you want to get it anyway!! and do get better plugs and wires when you install stage 1. DCR makes a nice 55mm throttle body for the cruiser, which is only 3mm larger than the auto tb (i'm assuming you have the auto).

don't get a cai, just mod the airbox and get a ttab (see ptcrew.com). my ideal car is able to take four adults and gear to a track, take everything out, run a high 13 and go home... not bad for a pt...