Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Newb Question About

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2008, 09:08 pm
TiburonDriver

Default Newb Question About

Well I would post in the newb section about this but it isn't very noobish in my opinion. I come from tuning tiburons and old pontiacs but new chryslers are unknown for me.

Anyways, the fiance is wanting kids after we get married and whatnot so sadly my tib will be traded in soon enough for whats looking like a PT Cruiser. So here are my questions:

If we bought a 2008 Turbo Limited Cruiser Automatic, will the auto tranny hold the stage 1 upgrade, intake, downpipe and exhaust? Or is that too much power? I've heard that the auto tranny isn't too strong. Is that true?

Also, will the stage one on the 180hp turbo net the same hp as the stage one on a GT? Basically I'll shop around for a GT if the 180hp version won't make as much power as the GT after the stage one.

Finally will the BTG downpipe and cat sync cat converter throw a CEL? I had to do a bit of rewiring on the tib to extend the O2 sensors to get it to read that I still had a cat, albeit much farter down the exhaust line. Will I be in the same boat or are those parts bolt on and no playing with wiring?

Basically I just want a reliable PT Cruiser that has all the basic bolt-ons for when I drive it. It'll be her daily driver but I wan't to know there is power backing up the turbo badging.

Thank alot and sorry that this is a long post.
Old 11 Feb 2008, 11:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: Newb Question About

I dont mean to go off topic immeadiately, but what kind of old pontiacs are you talking about? Im a pontiac guy also so i just gotta ask!
Old 12 Feb 2008, 10:53 am
TiburonDriver

1979 Firebird
Old 12 Feb 2008, 10:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

olds 403 or almighty pontiac 400? as for your upgrades your should be ok with the stock auto.if you find one, go for the GT, youll be glad you did. wish i woulda....
Old 13 Feb 2008, 11:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Location: My Family and I currently reside in Denver Colorado.

Ok, so let me get this straight your gonna sell your Tiburon, which is a small car, and buy a PT Cruiser, just as small, and use it as a family car? Why don't you just keep what you have?