Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Kill/Loss Thread....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jul 2003, 07:02 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Kill/Loss Thread....

Alright Boys& Girls, lets get a thread going with "street/track kills". No stories, unless you feel it's COMPLETELY NECESSARY, ah who cares, go ahead.[]. Let's hear what smoked you too.

Kills [8)]:
-Acura RSX-S
-VW GTi VR6 MK3, MK4
-VW VR6 Jetta MK3, MK4
-Honda Civic (B16, ZC, B18, H22)
-Honda Prelude H22
-Acura Integra GSR
-Honda CRX (B16, ZC)
-Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
-Mitsubishi AWD-T
-and i'm sure there's others that are slipping my mind, like cavaliers and an assortment of rice rockets

Losses [B)]:
-VW GTi MK2 w/ MK4 VR6 swap
-Subaru WRX
-Porsche 944
-Audi S4 (1st gen)
-Eagle Talon AWD-T
Old 18 Jul 2003, 11:08 pm
Cool Cruiser

If I posted my kills I dont think many of you would believe me unless you have seen it in action or got a ride in her. So I will just list the losses.

-Second gen Supra modded.
-Second gen RX-7 got smoked
-LS1 Trans Am with gear and full ex. also chip
Old 19 Jul 2003, 10:00 am
Regular Cruiser

COP TZER if you don't mind my asking, what age you are?
Phil
Old 19 Jul 2003, 08:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

GT PT, i'm 22 going into 4th year of university at University of Toronto. Finishing with an Honors B.Sc., with a double major and one minor.
I assume you asked because you think I'm some punk, snot nosed kid who is willing to risk mommy and daddy's money and the lives of others by engaging in some sort of driving contest. Sorry to disapoint you GTPT, but I am well aware of the consequences of my actions and take full responsibility and practice my hobby with the highest amount a discretion and caution.
This may seem like I'm going off on a rant but it disapoints me that most people will jump to conclusions based on VERY limited information.
I have spenty the past 7 years of my life involved in this compact car culture and am actually disgusted by the damage that carefully orchestrated propoganda and bad publicity has done to the hobby i love. **cough cough Fast and Furious cough cough**
Happy modding, and keep fryin' that rice!
Old 19 Jul 2003, 11:09 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey all not a win/loss but had I chance to drive an SRT-4 with stage 1 installed . It's one very quick,awesome handling auto ! I think my car is quick .....this would eat my lunch !
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 20 Jul 2003, 05:06 am
Fanatic Cruiser

yeah, those SRT-4's are BAD-ASS cars. They haven't hit up here in Canada yet, but i'd imagine once they do they'll be turning a lot of heads. I'm very interested in looking into one when they come. You guys in the States have it sweet, you always get the fast cars before us...
Old 20 Jul 2003, 10:22 am
Young Cruiser

Well, tonight I was giving my buddies, and my wife a ride in the pt for the first time, and I was showing them how much power it had, so I pulled up to a light, and was just gonna show them how it went off the line. Up pulls a Kawasaki Ninja....uh oh.

Well....I took off like a bat outta hell, and beat the ninja off the line (but he wasn't expecting it).

We pull up to the next light (with my 2 buddies in the back on average 190 lbs), and my wife in front (120 lbs). He's ready now....

We launch from the light, and ...

I couldn't believe it, but I took him all the way through 3rd gear, and then he pulled away.

I'm not sure, but I think the Ninja was either a 500 or 600 cc model, I don't know too much about bikes, but I can't believe it was a higher end ninja.

I was surprised! I lost the race, but in my eyes, it was a huge victory. I figured that I had no shot in the first place with all of the weight, and going against a motorcycle.

wow.

-Shane

edited for grammatical errors

Old 20 Jul 2003, 10:51 am
Fresh Cruiser

Ran a rice rocket bike for giggles,at the end flashey said I was starting to catch him.HaHa Ran a ram air blackbird stayed ahead of him not sure if he was in it all the way. Kills-Mitsu turbo,various Bmw,2 vr6 VW,convt cammaro 305 engine,acura rsx,many Hondas with many mods,Gt mustang,Grand amV6,supercharged Grandprix Got smoked by svt mustang, viper ,various late model corvetts, vvv8 s-10 pickup,ricer bike ,camaro SS ,67 datsun roadster with supercharged 3800 V6 GM motor,B Stockums Ford Lightin.Turbo supra
Old 20 Jul 2003, 10:51 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Well Cop Tzer we may get them but not without a "hassle" the owner had to drive to Florida to obtain the SRT-4 . We have a informal cruise-in every Saturday @ Home-Depot from 6pm to whenever. It's everything from older 70's muscle cars,vettes ,sky-high off- roaders,jap sport-bikes,harley's,ricer's ,and antiques. I was talking to SRT -4 owner and he offered the keys . I drove his then he drove my GT . I took 3 other guys later for a ride in my GT ,they were pleasently surprised to say the least . Even the SRT-4 owner said mine ran much better than the GT he tested ! Shane I know that pulling that bike had to feel good ...but as a rider for over 20 years that had to be the 500 twin cylinder ninja or very sick 600 cuz these bikes would kill a GT out of the hole... hell most 4 -cylinder bikes can hit 60 in first in like 1.5 sec... but it had to feel good and impress the passengers ,enjoy !
\'03 Electric Blue 5 speed GT, addco oversize sways,wildfire strut bar,color-matched rear muds,xenon sides/\"crusher\",mirrors,b&c pillars,both interior consoles,b&m sport shifter,autometer ultralite gauges,Mopar STG 1 ,booger shift bushings,mopar bov,AMX turbo up pipe,Prototype turbo ucp, 05 intake, map clamp
Old 20 Jul 2003, 11:55 am
Young Cruiser

Yeah, it felt great to say the least to impress them, they were all in awe. It was nice.

I don't really have any mods yet either. Just the silencers removed, and a drop in K&N, so, I'm pretty happy with the results~!