Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
WGA Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 May 2008, 07:47 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default WGA Question

I just installed my stage 1 and i tried a wga that i bought at a local speedshop, however it works exacally like the agp one but i could not get the thing to work i played with it for hours adjusting it but i guess am too stupid cause it never worked ,long story short i got frustrated and put the stock one back on, so here's my question could i put the S2 WGA on with the S1, and if i could does it have to be adjusted or can i just throw it in there like the stock one. OH BTW before i got the S1 i called HAYNES they wanted to charge me 700something dollars for the s1 then i found jegs.com and i was able to get it for 573 next day shipping for only 10bucks and a free mopar BOV, cant beat that. Thanks in advance!
Old 12 May 2008, 09:13 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: WGA Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03greygtcruiser View Post
I just installed my stage 1 and i tried a wga that i bought at a local speedshop, however it works exacally like the agp one but i could not get the thing to work i played with it for hours adjusting it but i guess am too stupid cause it never worked ,long story short i got frustrated and put the stock one back on, so here's my question could i put the S2 WGA on with the S1, and if i could does it have to be adjusted or can i just throw it in there like the stock one. OH BTW before i got the S1 i called HAYNES they wanted to charge me 700something dollars for the s1 then i found jegs.com and i was able to get it for 573 next day shipping for only 10bucks and a free mopar BOV, cant beat that. Thanks in advance!
You can add the S2 WGA to your car but you need to adjust it. Make sure you have a boost gauge and you preset the tension on the WGA as low as it will go and go up from there.
Old 12 May 2008, 09:44 pm
Fresh Cruiser

But is it easy or a mission like the agp one, just one knob or two thanks and am sorry for the questions but i want to be sure, and yes i have a boost gauge
Old 13 May 2008, 10:08 am
Regular Cruiser

Adjusting any WGA on the PT is a chore due to the heatshield and the heat of working on it after running it. You might be able to temporarily remove the heatshield until you get things dialed in but I would limit the amount of driving you do with the shield off. The stage 2 WGA is adjusted with a threaded link on the end of the WGA arm and a jam nut to keep it in place.

Good luck

Brian
Old 14 May 2008, 11:43 am
Cool Cruiser

the problem with the AGP is you will have to by pass some sielnoids and run the WGA stright off the turbo (basicly taking the boost off PCM control)
then it should work

the S2 WGA will work on you car and do what ^^^^ said about the adjustment and watch your gauge

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge
Old 14 May 2008, 01:30 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03electricbluegt View Post
Adjusting any WGA on the PT is a chore due to the heatshield and the heat of working on it after running it. You might be able to temporarily remove the heatshield until you get things dialed in but I would limit the amount of driving you do with the shield off. The stage 2 WGA is adjusted with a threaded link on the end of the WGA arm and a jam nut to keep it in place.

Good luck

Brian
On the PT some people cut the heatshield a bit so the wga can be adjusted with everything intact.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 15 May 2008, 11:02 am
Fresh Cruiser

thanks for all the help i think am going to get the s2 wga