Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Few Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Oct 2008, 02:17 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Few Question

I just have a few question about my car. It's an 03 gt turbo 5speed, and I was thinking about putting on a spoiler, and new shifter nob. So my questions are:
1. If I were to go to a junk yard and find a crashed cruiser with and undamaged spoiler on the back, does it matter what year/model that Cruiser is? Is there a difference between spoiler's from year to year or model to model?
2. How do I get the shifter nob off >.< I've been told that some are threaded and some are friction fit. I've tried twisting it off with no luck, and I've tried pulling it off, with no luck.

Any help is appreciated, I'm new to the Cruiser scene so I'm sorry if these questions are silly :S
Old 04 Oct 2008, 04:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Few Question

don't know about the rest of your questions, but with the shift knob, check for a screw on the underside of the knob.

and welcome to the forum!
Old 04 Oct 2008, 05:00 pm
Veteran Cruiser

The knob is pressed on.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 04 Oct 2008, 06:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome to the forum. The spoilers are all the same.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 08 Oct 2008, 10:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thank you everybody for the replies, was very helpfull. So helpful I now have a new shifter nob! ^.^ LED lights coming soon
Old 08 Oct 2008, 11:46 pm
Senior Cruiser

I posted what I was looking for namely a red spoiler on some kind of site that sent a message to a bunch of Canadian autowreckers...I don't remember how or where I did this but, I later forgot all about this and than one day I came home and my wife said some autowrecker I think in Manitoba phoned and said they had a red one for me.I think I paid 125$ over the phone and it was shipped to me on a Greyhound..........I felt so lucky. I bought 4 bolts at a nut and bolt shop and thats all she wrote. Some autowreckers won't seperate the hatch and the spoiler........but I got lucky.....maybe the hatch was rearended...my dad a retired bodyman installed it for me. No painting, and no installation fee
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 08 Oct 2008, 11:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Just call a local autowrecker they may be able to help you in your search
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob