Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
CAMBER ADJUSTERS FOR GT TURBO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2008, 08:20 am
Young Cruiser

Default CAMBER ADJUSTERS FOR GT TURBO

I anticipate lowering my 04 GT Turbo. Looking for camber adjusters is very confusing. Most venders show photos with a notation, “example, these may NOT be the adjusters for your car”. A very true statement. The price of the kits also have great variations in price. Some imply that the front adjusters are adjustable ball joints. Others say the adjusters provide adjustable control arm mounts. After much research I am convinced that the only front camber adjusters are no more than eccentric strut mounting bolts. Some kits have just upper adjustable bolts, some with upper and lower. All claim different adjustment ranges, although there is just so much the cam can adjust without elongating the mounting hole. The rear is even more confusing. Regardless of claims of various rear camber adjusters, only the shims seem applicable. Some say for rear drum brakes. None say for rear disc brakes. The GT has rear disc brakes. I need some advice. Some info from members who have gone through the installation would be appreciated.
Old 10 Dec 2008, 04:16 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: CAMBER ADJUSTERS FOR GT TURBO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GALVANIZEDYANKEE View Post
I anticipate lowering my 04 GT Turbo. Looking for camber adjusters is very confusing. Most venders show photos with a notation, “example, these may NOT be the adjusters for your car”. A very true statement. The price of the kits also have great variations in price. Some imply that the front adjusters are adjustable ball joints. Others say the adjusters provide adjustable control arm mounts. After much research I am convinced that the only front camber adjusters are no more than eccentric strut mounting bolts. Some kits have just upper adjustable bolts, some with upper and lower. All claim different adjustment ranges, although there is just so much the cam can adjust without elongating the mounting hole. The rear is even more confusing. Regardless of claims of various rear camber adjusters, only the shims seem applicable. Some say for rear drum brakes. None say for rear disc brakes. The GT has rear disc brakes. I need some advice. Some info from members who have gone through the installation would be appreciated.
You may be worrying about nothing. Neither my '01 or '03 GT that were lowered with Eibachs need the camber kits at all.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 10 Dec 2008, 11:34 pm
Young Cruiser

The kits are inexpensive. It pays to have them on hand, just in case. The strut has to be removed to install the spring. It seems good sense to put the adjusters in while its all apart.
Old 11 Dec 2008, 11:30 am
Senior Cruiser

Really, unless you are putting it in the weeds you don't need to worry about it.
'03 Inferno Red GT, 5 speed, STAGE 1, Mopar BOV, Plastic Intake, Modified Upper and Lower Airbox, Custom Airbox-to-turbo pipe, Borla dual exhaust, Maddog Short Shifter, Drilled/Slotter Rotors, Ceramic Pads, chrome wheels, chrome door spears, AMP chrome fuel door, PT Cruiser 3rd light diffuser, H&R Springs, Rear Sway Bar added, MGW chrome door lock pulls, Blane's hood struts, Custom license plate mount, some interior dress up stuff...more to come