Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking For An Answer On Code

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Dec 2008, 07:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Looking For An Answer On Code

I filled my 2004 tank this afternoon and when I got back in to leave I saw the little engine light pop on. No other symptoms. I just went back out to flip the key on and off to get the code which came up P0304. Anyone know what this code means? Thanks so much!!
Old 14 Dec 2008, 08:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Looking For An Answer On Code

I Googled it and it is:URL of this page: OBD-II Trouble Code: P0304 Cylinder 4 Four Misfire Detected
ShareThis
P0304 Code - Cylinder #4 Misfire Perhaps it needs Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires to fix the problem.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar

Last edited by Hooligan; 14 Dec 2008 at 08:03 pm.
Old 14 Dec 2008, 09:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree w/Hooligan - unless you have a turbo, then go with regular copper plugs (no platinums in turbos).

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 14 Dec 2008, 10:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks so much for your quick answers. I just love this car and want to be on top of every little thing!! I will call tomorrow to get it taken care of. Again thanks!! Sassy
Old 14 Dec 2008, 10:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

She is a turbo, special edition with the chrome gas cap cover and chrome trim. She has chrome door handles and more chrome on the inside along with the designer door over the glove box and the fancier dash. I sure hope the plugs and wires will take care of it. I got a little nervous when I read the "other stuff"...she has been hesitating just a little bit and I have noticed a little effort when I first start her. Thanks again :-)
Old 15 Dec 2008, 09:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Make sure they use Performance wires as the stock wires are junk!!!

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 Dec 2008, 05:10 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I will do that as I called today and will drop her off in the morning. Thanks again for your help!!