Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Just Got My "New" Cruiser

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2009, 07:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Just Got My "New" Cruiser

Just brought home my used 2004 Inferno Red GT. She is beautiful and lovely, I have named her Maria. As such to go with my shiny new GT, I have registered for a shiny new forum membership. I never thought I would drive one, wasn't even on my list of cars to look at. But I fell in love in the back lane of a dealers lot, and now there is no looking back.

My questions are:
What should I have checked on the car while I can still take it back to manufacturer?
Spark Plugs and Wires I have read about, any other problems I can look at?
(Whats the best spark plug for the engine?)
Should I switch it to synthetic oil?
Its completely stock, so what modifications, if any, are worth making and can be done without killing my already iffy MPG?

Overall I love the car, I just want my baby to be around as long as possible. And I want to get the dealer to pay for as much as possible before it becomes my responsibility.

Glad to be one of you,
Bryn
Old 02 Feb 2009, 07:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Just Got My "New" Cruiser

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your New-to-You Turbo PT. I've moved your post to the Turbo section so you can receive the answers your looking for.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 08:15 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathchimp View Post
Just brought home my used 2004 Inferno Red GT. She is beautiful and lovely, I have named her Maria. As such to go with my shiny new GT, I have registered for a shiny new forum membership. I never thought I would drive one, wasn't even on my list of cars to look at. But I fell in love in the back lane of a dealers lot, and now there is no looking back.

My questions are:
What should I have checked on the car while I can still take it back to manufacturer? You don't say how many miles. Spark Plugs and Wires I have read about, any other problems I can look at?
(Whats the best spark plug for the engine?) The stock Copper Plus plugs gapped at 0.040 are just fine. Should I switch it to synthetic oil? Yes Its completely stock, so what modifications, if any, are worth making and can be done without killing my already iffy MPG? Stage 1 with a light foot. Suspension mods would help handling.
Overall I love the car, I just want my baby to be around as long as possible. And I want to get the dealer to pay for as much as possible before it becomes my responsibility.

Glad to be one of you,
Bryn
Have fun and play safe.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 02 Feb 2009, 08:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

DEFINITELY change the oil and put in synthetic. You can get a 5-quart jug at WalMart, and it takes 5 quarts.
Check the tire pressure - nearly always low - inside the driver's door is a sticker with the correct pressure.
If yours is an auto, and miles are around 50,000, get the tranny flushed and refilled with ATF + 4.
Enjoy.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 02 Feb 2009, 09:41 pm
Fresh Cruiser

ATF+4 and Synthetic. Gotcha. Anything that makes my car happy makes me happy.
Old 02 Feb 2009, 11:59 pm
Senior Cruiser

Does it look like this/???....post a few pics please....is it a 5speed or auto?
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 03 Feb 2009, 12:01 am
Senior Cruiser

where do you live?maybe fill in your user profile so we can learn more about you
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 03 Feb 2009, 12:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Yes, it looks like that, no bra and no headlight covers. also no chrome gas tank and side runners. but its the same model. She is pretty isn't she.
Its an auto with 51000 miles. It was raining today so I will get pics tomorrow.
PS: I live in Columbia SC.

PPS: It says you have steering wheel spoke covers. Some of the chrome has scraped off my spokes, where did you get them?

Last edited by deathchimp; 03 Feb 2009 at 12:28 am.
Old 03 Feb 2009, 12:35 am
Senior Cruiser

you can get nice spoke covers from www.raceandstreet.com
Old 03 Feb 2009, 12:38 am
Senior Cruiser

heres a pic of my metal spokes and my interior mods