Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bought a 2007 GT. Have a few questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Feb 2009, 04:30 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Post Bought a 2007 GT. Have a few questions.

A few weeks back I found a nice used 2007 GT Auto. I wanted a stick, but beggars can't be choosers. :P My sunfire was dead at 200k and I had to be at work the next day.

Had some rough idle issues. One of my plugs was shot. Got that fixed (warranty), but now I've decided to replace the plugs and wires. Browsed the forums a bit and decided on the crane wires.

I'm a little confused on the plugs. I've come up with two different sets of NGK plugs. LZTR4AIX-11/2313 and LZTR5AIX-13/2314. What's the difference, and why are they both showing up under 2007 GT? Most of the time on here its the 2314 I see recommended, but I want to be sure before I order them and have them shipped, because nobody local carries them.

Wipers. Odd question, I know, but the ones I bought drive me nuts. I bought those Bosch curved blades that are supposed to be better than normal blades. I hate them. When it snows it just smears slush on the windshield, which promptly freezes. When it rains it streaks. The back wiper doesn't even make good contact. Can it be tightened? I haven't even looked.

Replacing the air filter with a K&N filter tonight. Checked it today and it looks like the filter hasn't been changed in the last 32,000 miles.

One thing I've noticed about this car that I don't like are the headlights. At night it seems like they don't shine very far. Is that just how the car is designed, or can I do something about it by replacing the bulbs? I can't always drive with my brights on, and I don't like the idea of deer coming out of nowhere.

Mobil 1's synthetic fluids for oil changes and the tranny right?

This is my first time owning a cruiser, or owning a turbo for that matter. Any advice on a topic I haven't covered would be great.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 06:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Bought a 2007 GT. Have a few questions.

Welcome to the forum.

I'll let the Turbo guys answer the technical questions. If you don't lke the Bosch wipers on the front, the only thng to do is get some Anco, Delco or other name brand wipers to replace them. On the rear, there's a spring (if I remember right, I took mine completely off) that keeps tension on the arm built into the arm of the wiper. Check it out and also buy a new rubber blade which willbe deeper and do a better job of clearing the back window.

DO NOT PUT MOBIL 1 INTO THE TRANNY. ONLY Chrysler's own ATF+4 or there is a Synthetic which I believe they are calling ATF+5. Anythiing else could void the warranty.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 12 Feb 2009, 09:44 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Bought a 2007 GT. Have a few questions.

Welcome Rainwind!
I noticed that same thing went I went web surfing for the NGK plugs.
I think that the numbers that folks are posting are the Store's specific item #; not the NGK part #.
Blades - go with Silblades...you can even get them in color.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 13 Feb 2009, 03:11 am
Veteran Cruiser

I use the stock Copper Plus NGK 4306 plugs in both my '03 GT and my '05 SRT-4 (same engine as GT). Both cars are far beyond stock. Never use platinum plugs in a turbo.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 13 Feb 2009, 10:53 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
DO NOT PUT MOBIL 1 INTO THE TRANNY. ONLY Chrysler's own ATF+4 or there is a Synthetic which I believe they are calling ATF+5. Anythiing else could void the warranty.
Good thing I asked. I was under the impression Mobil 1's was the same. I'll see if my dealer carries their newest fluid. I'll probably have it swapped out when I hit 50k.

Quote:
Blades - go with Silblades...you can even get them in color.
I'll have to give those a try. I fiddled some more with my blades and I still don't like them. I used to use PIAA wipers on my sunfire and loved them, but the last time I replaced them I did them on both my car and my wife's car and both sets of blades worked like crap. Seems their quality must have gone down hill.

Quote:
I use the stock Copper Plus NGK 4306 plugs
I'll probably just get those since they're actually in stock locally, unlike every other part I want. I doubt the Iridium plugs will make any difference, other than perhaps longevity, but at less than half the price with no shipping costs it's cheaper to buy those and replace them as necessary.
Old 13 Feb 2009, 11:46 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Wipers. Odd question, I know, but the ones I bought drive me nuts. I bought those Bosch curved blades that are supposed to be better than normal blades. I hate them. When it snows it just smears slush on the windshield, which promptly freezes. When it rains it streaks. The back wiper doesn't even make good contact. Can it be tightened? I haven't even looked.

I went with the Bosch curved blades as well and I really like them for rain but then I use rainX on my windshield I did notice that when we had ice and snow they did not seem to work verry well I put on a cheap set of wal mart blades till the winter is over then I am going to put the bosch one back on

One thing I've noticed about this car that I don't like are the headlights. At night it seems like they don't shine very far. Is that just how the car is designed, or can I do something about it by replacing the bulbs? I can't always drive with my brights on, and I don't like the idea of deer coming out of nowhere.

This is really odd as I had the exact opposite thing happen I usually drive a 2001 Ford ranger and or a 2001 Intrepid and the headlights on the intrepid and way better than the ford ( the ford just simply sucks) anyway when i got my PT and hit the high beams I was like WOW this is awesome mine is a 06 and Im sure it has the stock lights I was going to try to find something brighter but Im nto really sure there is anything
Old 13 Feb 2009, 11:49 am
Cool Cruiser

just replace the bulbs. theres an access pannel for the back of the headlights in the wheel well.

congrats on the purchase.

Nevin.
03 SRT-4 132k mi ported stocker and lots of other stuff

68 Mustang Coupe project fail!!

PT Less - ex wife took in the divorce 3/2011
05 GT Cruiser H.O. last dyno 245hp/283tq @ 15psi OCT 08
3 in intake, Stage 1 PCM, Stage 2 WGA, ported turbo@21psi, 682cc, 160 deg T-stat, Check valve, Ngk 4306 plugs, 10mm spark plug wires, 3in O2, 3in DP, 3in Y-pipe with E-cutout, 2.5 in catback exhaust, upper/lower hardpipes, HKS SSQ bov, block off plate, Energy Suspention MM inserts, NSRT hawk HPS front/rear pads, NSRT Drilled/slotted rotors, NSRT steel braded front lines, Mopar 26mm Swaybar, NSRT energy suspention swaybar bushing, NSRT energy suspention swaybar endlinks, APC Non-turbo strut bar, Black housing headlights, Tinted rear tail lights, Schroth 4 point harness, Perrin catchcan, 3 pod a-piller, boost guage 30/30, oil pressure gauge, volt gauge