Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Clutch for GT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Apr 2009, 11:45 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Clutch for GT

Has anyone had to replace a clutch for a GT manual? I have about 70k miles on it and its not shifting into some of gears as easily as it used to?

Anyone know the part # for the OEM GT clutch?

Thanks!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 03:42 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Clutch for GT

I am not sure if this will help and I don't have a GT but mine is a 5 speed with the Hurst shifter too and I just changed the fluid in my transaxle at 74.950 miles and it made a big difference in how smooth it shifted after it was changed. Mine is a 2005 base convertible and it uses ATF+4 fluid and takes 2.5 Qt. plus it is very easy to change. My book says a 2.4 turbo takes 1.9 Qt. but I would check on the of fluid amount to be sure.

This PT Convertible use to be my BABY it was a 2005 Base 5 speed, Black on black on black, Red rims with full moons hubcaps, Amber fog lights, 6 disc indash CD, Polk speakers, Suicide knob, Black 15" spring ant., Gauges in console, APC air filter system, Complete bullet/turbo exhaust system, Hurst Shifter. May its new owner enjoy it as much as we did. We do still have a 2007 Limiter PT in Cool Vanilla with no mods and two HHRs now.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 03:58 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Default Re: Clutch for GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefastcruiser View Post
Has anyone had to replace a clutch for a GT manual? I have about 70k miles on it and its not shifting into some of gears as easily as it used to?

Anyone know the part # for the OEM GT clutch?

Thanks!
Why go with an OEM one? Aftermarket are better and cheaper. Go here to see what everybody is using PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic