Advertisements
What do you guys want?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Sep 2003, 08:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Exhaust Depot
Default What do you guys want?

Hey whats up guys!?

I plan on doing something for you GT guys. I just need my buddy Jim to come back from vacation. My system shoudl come out cheaper than the SRT being that it has less pieces and less labor involved. I am contemplating on putting a large resonator in the center of the body and making a single tip like that which is on my SRT on the back.

Now here is the question for you guys. What size exhaust do you want? The larger the piping, the louder it will be. Just so you know, a 2.5" system is good for 400hp as long as there is no bottleneck in the system. ON the srt i made it in a 3" because I know there where going to be other companies making it in a 3". So the mentaly is that bigger is better , which is true, but not if you dont need it. Installing a 3" is purchasing insurance for future mods, 2.5" is plenty.

So give me some feedback guys as to what you want.

Also, I will be making the hardpipes on your car also. That will be the pipe that goes from your FMIC to your throttle body.

Old 01 Sep 2003, 08:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

What I want to know is does a 3" tuck up under or does it hang down?
Tom
Old 01 Sep 2003, 08:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

The larger the pipe, the lower it might hange. Also, i have to take a really good look at the GT again, I want to make sure there is plenty of room in the axle are to get the 3" over. I dont want clearance issues.

Also, the larger the piping, the more chance of droning. Ill see if maybe i use a muffler in the center instead to keep it down. Time to experiment. JIM WHERE YOU AT!?

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 08:48 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to PK Cruiser

Hector...I'm not picky...I know you'll give us the best for our money & perfomance...

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 01 Sep 2003, 08:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PK Cruiser

Hector...I'm not picky...I know you'll give us the best for our money & perfomance...
Well I am, thats why my parents tell me that I have big nostils, just something about picking at it.

E.D. 3\" Turbo Back, , HKS SSBOV, GReddy-e01 Boost controller, Greddy E-manage fuel management, Blitz Turbo Timer, JE pistons, Ported Head, E.D. Large Frontmount Intercooler, E.D. Tubular manifold with t3/t4 (prototype), IPP coilovers, Limited Slip.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 09:09 pm
Cool Cruiser

lol...good one...can tell I've been away for a few days...wasn't "thinking" before I typed....I would like a 3" if everything fits with no issues...but if 2.5 works good too....and it'll give us as much "pleasure" & added performance as what you did for the SRT...I will be more than happy...

\'03 Black Turbo, Autostick, Removed Intake Silencers, K&N Drop in Filter, MOPAR BOV, Eibach Springs, Kenwood CD/MP3 Player & amp, 12 inch Sub...soon to be a member of the Stage I club...
Old 01 Sep 2003, 09:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

Actually, I have seen 15-20Hp gain with the turbo back system! Now, the GT is an older crowed. Uh, i mean a more experienced crowed so I dont think you guys will be into a mean sounding system. I think you guys would prefer a quiter one. Anyways here is a nice clip of what my system for the srt sounds like. THis is with a highflow cat as the only restriction. Straight trhough all the way back with no resonators or mufflers. ONly tips. I know the GT will sound simular with only one tailpipe but with less resonance which is good.

Sound clip of my srt setup.
http://www.bpustore.com/supra/exhaustdepot/srt3inch.wmv

Old 01 Sep 2003, 09:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

I'm one of the "younger" or less "experienced" crowd...so I want her loud...lol....

Old 01 Sep 2003, 09:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

I am in the more, much more experienced category and I would love a nice system with all the restrictions elimenated. Maybe a 2.5 to 3.0" downpipe and high flow cat with a 2.5" in and out pipes and then either tip resonator or magnaflow muffler. I do not like the droan sound which is why I have no flows on my Mustang!! I like hear the roar when I accelerate but not when I cruise.
06 GT Auto, Cool Vanila Exterior, Presto Change O 3bl, Cargo Mat and Net, Billet Oil Cap, Yoko Avid 4Vs Tires, 03 GT Wheels, 4 Chrome Door Handle Screw Covers, MOPAR Mud Flaps, H&R Rear Sway Bar, Freedom Strut Tower Bar, Rear Door Sill Covers.
Old 01 Sep 2003, 09:56 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have a nice resonated tip. Its an awsome looking tip, the only problem is that they crack after a week.

Thats what i wanted originaly on my srt. Its what I made my prototype with.

The GT drones more than the srt being that our trunk is enclosed. If i lower my seats, i hear the droning. I will experiment with different resonators etc.