Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Code p0340

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 May 2009, 12:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Code p0340 / Timing Belt

Well guys reading through the forum on this error, it seemed I either had a bad Camshaft Position Sensor or a broken timing belt, well I have just taken the cover off the camshaft sprockets and see no belt.

I have read through the forum and I think that the timing belt is too big of a job for me, I am from the UK just moved to the US, Tulsa, Broken Arrow to be precise, so I really dont know of any decent garages that could do this job at at the propper going rate, so anyone on this forum from Broken Arrow that could point me in the direction of a garage that aint going to rip me off, or any home mechanics that could do this for me at a decent rate, i`m available for helping with labour.

T.I.A...

Last edited by tommyis3; 17 May 2009 at 11:36 am.
Old 16 May 2009, 12:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Code p0340

Tommy,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for reading threw the old postings first and gathering info before your questions. Yes, your right in thinking that the timing belt is not for a novice or even a back-yard mechanic to try and do. There's lots of things that people have run into while changing the belt and a lot of them have had to do it over again. If nobody replies from your area, the first thing to do is get an estimate from your closest Chrysler dealer than you know what to expect.

If there are any car clubs or cruise-ins in the area you might want to talk to those owners for recommendations for a good/hopefully honest mechanic in the area and then talk to him first to see if he's tackled the timing belt and knows what to expect.

We also tell everyone to replace the water pump, tensioner, serpentine and alternator belts at the same time as they are wearable items that are probably in need of changing anyway and especially the water pump as it takes the same number of hours to change that as it does the timing belt. Might as well do both at the same time.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 16 May 2009, 01:31 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Code p0340

Soonercruiser is from OKC, maybe he can give Tommy some help, not sure the location of Broken Arrow to OKC. He belongs to a couple of PT clubs out there.
Frank where are you???

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 16 May 2009, 01:51 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Code p0340 Broken Timing Belt

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, hope Frank can be of some help..