Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Whats it worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 May 2009, 09:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Whats it worth?

First let me start off by saying hi! I joined this forum a few weeks ago just to read up on mods for the turbo PT's. Havent really had much time to post, and sadly this is my first post. I have a 2003 PTGT that has a lot of time and money into it, unfortunately I need to sell it. I was curious if anyone could help me out figuring out what I could get for it? My fiances car was stolen, and our insurance won't help us out until the car is gone for 90 days, which leaves her out of a car. I am selling my cruiser to help her get a new car and buy myself a cheaper car. Currently, some of the mods to the PT are as follows:

Stage 1 (its an 03, so it also got an injector upgrade!)
Mopar B.O.V.
TurboXS Manual Boost Controller
Muffler Deleted, Replaced with 3 Inch Piping Out the Back
Eibach Sportline Springs (2 Inch Drop in Rear, 1.6 Inch Drop in Front I Believe, Can't Remember Off Hand)
Summit Racing Boost Gauge
Neon SRT-4 Wheels w/ Spacers

Theres more performance mods, I just cant think of them off the top of my head! This is deffinately a quick car! Beats my buddies SRT-4 everytime!

Some newly replaced parts:

Both new front wheel bearings/hub assemblies
New upper and lower ball joints (Moog parts, not some cheapo's!)
New front pads, rotors and calipers
New rear pads / turned rotors
2 newer front tires
New NGK plugs
Coolant drained, flushed and refilled w/ mopar coolant
Transmission fluid drained, replaced along with new transmission filter (NOT machine flushed!)

The car is electric blue, has black heated leather seats, moonroof, all power options and 109k miles. Has always been meticulously maintained with only mobil 1 synthetic oil and a k&n or mobil 1 filter.

So, guys, whats it worth? What should I be asking for this car? There isnt much of a market for these around me (Canton, Ohio) so I'm not sure what to ask! Thanks for all the help, it is much appreciated!
Old 28 May 2009, 09:41 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Whats it worth?

Unfortunately, the PT is not holding value that well these days. Also, the mods probably lower the value of the car. You'd be better off to remove the mods and sell seperately. Get the car back to as close to stock as you can. In that shape I've seen 03 GTs go for anywhere from $4900-$6500. Splitting that in half to get two cars is not going to get you much for the other cars. I'd look at keeping the PT and find another source of $$ for a car.
Old 29 May 2009, 02:55 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Whats it worth?

Hey their Kota04SXT,

I hate to say it as well, but unfortunately the Market is soft everywhere thanks to the economy right now. Their just isn't any way around it. I am going to take a guess and say no rental car on the policy huh? As for the PT, unfortunately though the mod's are always nice, their not worth much when its time to try to sell it. Case in point I have a good friend trying to sell a Vert with $7000.00 in custom paint done the year before last, $5000.00 in custom leather and suede interior done last year, $3000.00 in custom audio/video, full air ride, Lambo doors, Custom high end 18" Rims, I mean all top dollar done right nice ride that was built for show only with I believe in the neighborhood of around 18,000 miles on it, and he was trying to get a bite on it at mid blue book with little luck, so just to show you how little mods and money effect a ride in todays market.

My best guess with the higher milage even though it sounds like you really took care of it would probably be somewhere between mid or a hair under blue book at best private sale. If you try to trade in, your looking at an easy $500.00 below low book at which point all the dealer can do is wholesale it off at private auction to a used car lot. You might get a numbers game out of them, but you are going to take a huge hit out of the big time insentives available right now if you went that route!

Really, for what its worth, the best thing you could do right now would be to try to exhaust all effort to hold out for the Insurance. If the vehicle isn't found which is pretty often the case, then you can hit the dealer with some money in pocket to work with, and probably use an intensive plan to work a really great deal on another car! I know it might be a tough plan, but in the end you could easily find yourself way ahead of the game if you do it right!

For what its worth, that is my two cents anyways. I wish you all the best!

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 29 May 2009, 01:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

Is your 03 a 5 speed??????I would be interested in a complete stage 1 kit do you want to sell it?????
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 29 May 2009, 02:40 pm
Senior Cruiser

I hate being the cranky one in the group, but it looks like the ONLY reason you joined the forum was to try and sell us something. That just seems a little tacky, to me.