Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Yet another engine light question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jun 2009, 10:04 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Yet another engine light question.

New member posting. You have a great reference that I have used many times before, but I registered today because I can't find this answered anywhere else.

It's a 2003 GT Turbo with the autostick transmission. Premium gas and a tight gas cap Yesterday, as we were driving, the headlights and dash lights started flickering very slightly. Then the Trac On and ABS lights came on. We pulled over at a gas station and checked under the hood and took a peek at the fuse box, but didn't see any loose connections or blown fuses. Started it back up and everything was back to normal, so we continued on our way. Today the same thing happened, pulled over, took a look under the hood, started her back up and no more problem. About 30 miles later, the engine light came on. Fluids are fine, car drives fine, but intermittantly, the dash lights flicker and the engine light stays on constantly.

We drove it about 100 miles to get home. I checked the code and it says P0480. A quick search and some prior posts on this forum tel me that it may be the radiator fan relay, but the fan seems to be working fine since it was 103 today and we used the air conditioner the whole trip without so much as a jump on the temperature guage.

Anyone have any clues?
Old 29 Jun 2009, 08:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Yet another engine light question.

Welcome.
Original battery? If so, suspect it's time...
Take it to Sears - they'll check for free.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles