Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Replaced under Warranty - PCM and Rack & Pinion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 2003, 04:14 pm
Administrator

Default Replaced under Warranty - PCM and Rack & Pinion

Just got my rack & pinion replaced under warranty for the squeeling/rubbing noise (sounds kinda like when you pull the seat belt out quickly back and forth). The noise is not there anymore. They also did an alignment (warrantied of course).

They also replaced my PCM for the 5200RPM misfires (there's a TSB for it). No more misfire. The AutoStick shifts more smoothly now thru all gears ...most notably that 2-1 whiplashing downshift isn't as harsh anymore. When I pulled out of the dealership, I noticed the speedometer wasn't moving so I turned around, told the technician and he quickly did a "reset" and the speedo now works fine.

Thanks to everyone in here for sharing your experiences, it made my experience easier with the service department.
[8][|)]
Old 17 Sep 2003, 09:20 pm
Cool Cruiser

COULD YOU ELABORATE A LITTLE ON THE NOISE OF THE STEERING, MINE IS DEVELOPING A LITTLE RUB ON THE WHEEL AND A LITTLE SOUND ON THE WHEELS WHEN TURNED ALL THE WAY.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 17 Sep 2003, 09:32 pm
Young Cruiser

jody. so are you saying there is a recall on the turbo models for the misfire? and if so will we be contacted or do we have to go in ourselves and ask to have the misfire fixed? thanks in advance
Old 17 Sep 2003, 10:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

onyx pt,

It's not a recall yet. There are other threads, but in short, the misfire is covered by TSB #18-029-03. When you get the PCM replaced, if you have an autostick, tell them to program the tire size into the TCM. The instructions say not to, but everyone is ending up with the same problem, the speedo/odo not working.

My dealer gave me all kinds of grief before they would replace the PCM, but the replacement is worth it IMO.
Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:39 pm
Young Cruiser

...with the 5-speed do we have to remind them to enter the tire size?
Old 19 Sep 2003, 02:33 pm
Young Cruiser

Also had my ECU replaced because of the 5200rpm miss. Miss gone and like Jody said shifts better through all gears going up and down.