Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > 2.4L Turbo Forums > General Turbo Discussions

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
2004 GT - good deal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Sep 2003, 10:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default 2004 GT - good deal?

I just got back from a local dealer to hoping to purchase my first cruiser and had a question about the "invoice" price they quoted me. The GT is with all standard options except it has the 4-speed automatic option. Looking at kelly blue book and edmunds the invoice should be 24577.00 and I was quoted 24976? What kind of hidden costs could be in the dealer invoice?

Thanks.... hopefully at 8 AM tomorrow I will be a new cruiser owner.

D-
Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:31 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Destination charge?
What color?
6 disc CD adds 250-
They usu order them that way to add to bottom line.
Are you getting any incentives?

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Sounds ok to me...but why dont you try a 03 http://www.carmax.com/dyn/factsheet/factsheet.asp
3 grand less...and you can order whats extra on the 04 for a heck of a lot less than 3k. Just a thought

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 17 Sep 2003, 11:40 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Dest charge is 590.

Color is Electric blue so no additional cost there.

Standard CD/Tape.

Only incentive is 0% for 36 mos. 2.9% for 48 or 3.9% for 60 OR $500 rebate and 4.9% financing.

I am looking at another dealers quote and see the charge NEW ENGLAND - PPA/EB-PF $210 What could this be? I know it isn't the advertising fee.
Old 18 Sep 2003, 08:11 am
Fanatic Cruiser

gryhdhlr,

Is that for greyhound?
Where are u in NE?
I have a Grey also that I got thru a group in Mass?
Let me know

Rob

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 18 Sep 2003, 10:07 am
Senior Cruiser

Dealer Holdback is paid to dealers kind of 'under tha table' from the manufacturer, so you never actually get the true invoice price, plus their adding in Documentation fees, prep fees, etc.You want to get a sheet with all charges line by line.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 18 Sep 2003, 11:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Even if oyu get a line by line sheet, oyu won't see the holdback there, 'cause it's hidden, but I can tell you it's 3% before taxes, anyway, dealers are a business and they have to make money, so just try to get a good deal, but don't try to mess with the dealer's holdback and profit.
Patriot Blue 5-Spd, Stage I, Mopar BOV, BTG Intake, Custom 3\" Turbo-Back, Spring Mod, BTG Shock Tower Brace, Vogtland Springs, Koni Shocks, Eibach Sway Bars, Azev Type M 18x8.5 wheels, Ventus K104 tires, Projector Bi-Xenon Lights, Rear spoiler, Autometer Gauges, Illuminated sill plates, K&N Oil Filter, Mopar subwoofer. Mexico City. See pics: http://www.sportcarsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=715
Old 18 Sep 2003, 12:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Since it is obvious that you are compute competent, go on line for a competitive bid. Print it out and start your negotiations from there.

It doesn't sound like you have any special relationship with this dealer. Did you know that you can buy that same automobile from a competitive Chrysler dealership? Don't be a sucker...Chrysler is in a world of hurt for numbers. Dealerships will do almost anything for your business.

Remember the axioms of auto buying:

Shop when foot trafic is low (rainy weather, tuesday or wednesday morning, just before closing mid week), TIME SHOULD BE ON YOUR SIDE!

Walk in with your best deal in hand, don't accept a match...make them beat it!

KEEP YOUR COOL, NEVER COMMIT TO ANYTHING,
SHUT UP (OFFER ONLY THE BARE MINIMUM, OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT YOU ARE GOING TO BUY "SOMETHING").
MAKE THEM DO THE TALKING, THEY MAKE THE OFFERS,
STAY IN CONTROL!
BE WILLING TO WALK AT ANY TIME!
(SETTING AN 8:00AM DEADLINE WILL MAKE YOU AN EASY MARK)

Let them know, up front, that you really like an auto of another competitive make, and the other dealership is on your case to deal.

Remember, you don't know what their best deal is until you start to walk away![?]
Old 18 Sep 2003, 12:55 pm
Administrator

You can get fully loaded new '03 Turbos for around 19-21 grand right now. Check out http://www.carbuyingtips.com/carintro.html

Old 18 Sep 2003, 01:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Jody,
This site is wonder for the average non-professional car buyer!
Great work!!

Many years ago when I was in College, I sold XXXlers. I saw every one of these scams and more. (Even changing totals on credit card slips for more profit.)
The owner's motto was "If you didn't insult them, you didn't even try to get the deal"!
This was a nine month experience I will NEVER forget (hence my sceptical attitude)!
I was suprised about a lot of things, but the complicity of the companies in squeezing the customer got to me the most.......Awards for the highest sales prices on specific models and highest profit margins. If you think that value to the customer comes first, why would a corporate entity want to see just how much a dealership could soak each and every customer?
Those poisonous Dealer Added Markup stickers in this way were rewarded by the highest places.